Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this is my first time posting here!!! I have a 07 spyder gs. I want to get some poly insert mounts to replace the OEM rubber ones since they re all done but i really cant find any information about size of the mount, if they are all the same size (transmission, front, back and passenger side), if they have a specific model number, what website i can get them from (summitracing maybe). Every time i google something all i can find are the whole mount (metal brackets with factory rubber). All i want is the poly insert since they are cheaper and i want the handling of polyurethane mounts. I really hope someone here has the answer ive been looking for!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes im in Jacksonville FL
So since i want to replace all 4 ill have to get 2 sets of engine bushings? Are all 4 the same size? Just wondering if they will all fit inside the actual metal mount

·
Registered
451 Posts
Our cars only have a front and a rear motor mount. No need to buy 2 sets. As for the transmission I dont believe there is a solid poly mount in the market for us. You can make one tho! To get the actual poly mount into the steel mount is a little difficult if you dont have a vice at home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha, all this time ive been thinking we could replace all 4! Thanks for the info

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just watch Jason's video at the bottom of the link I sent you. He explains everything. Motor mounts are a definite plus in my book. You can instantly feel how stiff the setup is now, as soon as you turn the engine over.

·
Basically Stock
5,855 Posts
We have 4 mounts, but the side mounts don't have any available aftermarket solution as far as I am aware. The front and rear, plus front crossmember bushings (included) are the important ones with a transverse mounted engine as we have though.

With them, you'll notice a lot of vibration at idle. Not sure about how they are under power, as I've not really beat on the car since putting them in

Edit: they're great

·
Registered
119 Posts
You just have to hollow out the rubber material and do NOT cut the metal sleeve like you do with the main front and rear energy suspension mounts. I did and theres a huge gap that i filled with solid rubber. Not ideal. It would have fit perfectly if I just scraped all the rubber out of the sleeve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts