Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 eclipse gs video shows noise coming from in car when accelerating, my uncle found that the exhaust manifold was leaking at the connection between pipe and minifold

·
Basically Stock
5,674 Posts
I've blown gaskets, I've had an exhaust hanger rip out, that doesn't sound like an exhaust leak overly much. Stick a rag in your tail pipe and listen for a whistle--that'll show you your leaks generally.

But hearing it in the video, go with the heat shield idea. They rust and start dragging on the pipe and shaking. All of mine are gone, no issues, haven't noticed any problems

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well has no low end and makes the same noise after tightening everything down im guessing its the springs on the exhaust anyone know if there could be another issue the car barely moves from stand still and noise doesnt stop until i let off the gas idle is fine only accelerating sucks

·
Registered
748 Posts
You could try something like seafoam to see if I'll help unclog it
But for the most part it's the 3rd cat that's clogged.
3 ways to unclog the 3rd cat
1. Steel rod through the center.
2. Test pipe.
3. New cat.
You could just remove the 3rd cat if you live in am area where an emissions test isn't required. Our Headers are the only thing that's needed to pass the smog test anyways. But you won't pass a visual test. You could get a new oem one or a high flow aftermarket one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts