Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into swapping my stock gs with a 4G63t but is it possible to just use the head from the 63 and put it on my 69? My main plan was to just turbo my car after rebuilding the motor and transmission but I'm not sure if itll be worth it after all of that when I could spend half that and just swap the motor with something that can handle a turbo. I wasnt sure where to really post this but just seeing what everyone's thoughts were on this. I know I can supercharge it and not really have to worry but I want a turbo for turbo noises lol

·
Basically Stock
5,842 Posts
Yeah, I've got a guide on 4G world. Just skip the timing information as it's for a 64 block

That aside, I'd say skip the 63 head swap and stay 69 head. It flows better, handles boost just fine. I've put 28psi through mine at 8000rpm, and haven't given it a gentle life ever. The weak points on a GS are the auto trans, and the EGR valve. The EGR has been found to lead to most 69 turbo deaths. If it leaks at all, expect piston #4 to crack.

·
TheSlow4g
28 Posts
I was going to do the 63 head swap, but I found that it is cheaper and a lot simpler to just go boosted. The auto trans will allow you to push around 270hp (from what I've heard), which can easily be accomplished with a turbo kit. The head swap is going to be a lot more expensive and a lot more work, and your limit is going to be around 270 anyway. So unless you swap the trans as well, you are better off just putting a turbo on your 69.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts