Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I’ve gotten my 07 eclipse gt I been experiencing a sort of vibration that effects the front of the car but it only happens when I’m at the end of slowing down at a stoplight, at a full stop and sometimes in park. Having it in neutral appears to not vibrate either. Only once for about two months I didn’t experience any vibration. Taken it to a shop to have it looked at but they said “by your description I’m not sure of the cause but I can have my mechanics test some things around and give it an inspection.”
that turned out to be sus asf so walked away. Any help would be great the eclipse has 215k got it at 195k

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,845 Posts
Well, motor mounts are almost definitely shot at that mileage. I suspect it's an auto trans as well, correct? Vibration in drive and reverse while on the brakes, not in neutral?

To test the mounts, put it in reverse and give some load to the engine. If the engine comes back more than a couple inches, that's a good starting place. Could also be damaged or missing mount bolts, could be even a misfire going on from old plugs (I've heard many horrors of people buying these and only the front 3 plugs ever get changed, to avoid removing the plenum)

Really, it's not suspicious for a shop to want to have one of their mechanics do diagnostic testing on your car. It could be one of 30 things, could be 30 of 30 things. Without a vehicle history, they need to be extra suspicious of problems as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts