Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I'm looking at options to fix a CEL cat code being thrown (the CEL has come on and off several times and the first time I got the code read but don't remember it exactly, only that it was a cat converter one). I've read here that RRE exhaust headers can be used to bypass 2 of the 3 converters we have on the GT. Are there any other brands that will do this? I know I sound a stingy and cheap, but I'm not exactly rich so if I can knock anything off of a $600+tax+shipping bill, I would like to explore that option.

·
Ricer
2009 BMW 3-Series 335i Coupe
132 Posts
Hi all!
I'm looking at options to fix a CEL cat code being thrown (the CEL has come on and off several times and the first time I got the code read but don't remember it exactly, only that it was a cat converter one). I've read here that RRE exhaust headers can be used to bypass 2 of the 3 converters we have on the GT. Are there any other brands that will do this? I know I sound a stingy and cheap, but I'm not exactly rich so if I can knock anything off of a $600+tax+shipping bill, I would like to explore that option.
You'll probably need a shop to install whatever you buy. If I didn't know the owner of my muffler shop I'd get charged (correct me if I'm wrong) $600 (muffler man) for the install but it's free for me. This would not be an easy job (FOR YOU). Also, I'd always stick with RRE if I was to get anything. They may be the only company still out there that still supports these cars, and I've never heard anything negative about them. Those parts will be the best bet imo!!

I'm pretty sure if you take your current cat off that holds the O2 sensors that you will be running much more lean, which I count as a bad thing. You'd need to go OEM to fix the code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts