Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly do you do with the wires and hoses after your take them off. is the maf sensor the only part that’s gets put back on? And also does any one have a stock 3.8 air cleaner body for sale I busted the cheap plastic just trying to change the filter? I’m thinking if I run a whole new exhaust from the headers to the back I can get 280-290 whp out of an automatic. flowmaster cat back and I also found flow master headers I think the total was 2200 for the exhaust parts 400 for the cai and a nice D.C racing coilover set. Does this sound like a decent formula… the only other parts I plan on replacing are the breaks cause some one cheaped out on the pads and rotors I think I’ll be going power stop brand vented cross drilled rotors with what ever pads come in the big kits they sell and painted callipers cause north east ocean salt sucks… let me know any feedback you can give me and primary concern is eliminating hoses and wires to replace stock cai. Car is Eclipse gt 07 spyder. 75,166 miles I’m the 5th owner and I think the first 3 owners loved it 4th not so much… the car has no mechanical issues other than a rotted filler neck no ac and minor rust on rear subframe and scratches all over the sweet kalipalana black paint. So far I’ve done radiator, new fan, slow switching old aft to more modern diamond iii replacement, went with castrol gtx titanium 5w20 in hopes it cushions the bearing, new oil pressure switch, new timing belt water pump pulleys, and water feed line rotted out going into pump. I also have abs codes but no break light or bad braking so I really don’t care to spend 800+ a sensor cause it stops better than anything I’ve ever driven… thank you for any help you can give I love the car… it’s definitely got spirit also am I doing the right thing mixing 2/3 bottles of royal purple 3point octane booster with 17 gallons of v power 93. I assume that equals the 95 octane the motor is tuned for it seems to run very well.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts
1: are the flowmaster headers long tubes? You'll need long tubes to pad your chances. Most manual GT dont pass 280whp even.
2: what size catback? You'll be wanting 3" again for the best chance
3: powerstop IS cheaping out. They're G3000 rotors and shit pads. They're literally just cheap Chinese brakes with a swirly pattern. Go with something E coated, they're almost always G3500.
4: Don't run 5w-20, run 5w-30. 5w-20 isn't doing the oil pump or bearing any favours, it was too thin for a brand new engine, it's too thin for yours with the mileage now.
5: from dyno tuning results, 91 octane fuel to 94 octane was worth a whopping 3whp when the owner of Fastworks dyno tuned my friend's bolt on GT (now my GT) to 279whp.
6: running a bunch of octane booster isn't good anyway. High octane doesn't mean efficient, fast burning, hot, great fuel. It means slow burning and hard to ignite. Octane booster just makes your gas burn less efficiently.
7: with your cold air intake, you cap the line that goes to the airbox resonator baffle, and can ignore the wiring to the solenoid there. Keep the breather line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts