Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to install a tune and I'm apparently missing a definition file called eclipsebase.def. If someone could send me that file it would be much appreciated. I've tried contacting Hackish and I can't seem to get registered on their board which is why I'm asking here... thanks

·
2,301 Posts
Yah mine was totally glitched up during the install process too

I do have that file, but not sure if it’s specific to my year 2006 and GS or if it is a more generic file

I’m sure he wouldn’t be very pleased about it being posted publicly, but I’m pretty sure it in a properietary bin file anyway

And yes, he’s been impossible to get a hold of lately, I think he’s abandoned ship of the eclipse 4G to be honest

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hackish still tunes andnis still on. He told me he was no longer working full weeks but he is still arpund. A few months ago he helped me tune my 4G since I did the GS to GT swap. In a few days he is going to help me with the ECU swap since im going to drop in a manul trans with a stage 4 clutch and then, once I break that in, he is going to help me tune the car after I put in my stage 3 cams, finish my complete head job, and install my supercharger. So he is still around, however, there was times where I had to wait a month or so when I was contacting him via fastworks email. He'll get to you, just make sure to keep replying to the same ticket email so it doesnt get lost (I made that mistake), but he still actively tunes

·
2,301 Posts
Hackish still tunes andnis still on. He told me he was no longer working full weeks but he is still arpund. A few months ago he helped me tune my 4G since I did the GS to GT swap. In a few days he is going to help me with the ECU swap since im going to drop in a manul trans with a stage 4 clutch and then, once I break that in, he is going to help me tune the car after I put in my stage 3 cams, finish my complete head job, and install my supercharger. So he is still around, however, there was times where I had to wait a month or so when I was contacting him via fastworks email. He'll get to you, just make sure to keep replying to the same ticket email so it doesnt get lost (I made that mistake), but he still actively tunes
Did he charge u extra to do all that

I tried to email him multiple times and never got a response from his support email

·
Registered
257 Posts
He does not xharge for added modifications. So if you didnt have headers before but now you do, he doesnt charger extra to do a retunr, which is nice. But yeah the GS to GT swap he charged me just a little extra, not much, because it was essentially a new tuned car which he could have easily said $350 like what the tune regularly is. He charged me much much less. When he does my manual swap he was going to do it for free but imma throw him a few dollars anyways but he did say that the forced induction is also more expensive than the regular tune so I just have to pay the difference essentially. I also have a wideband O2 sensor so he is able to give me exact tunes and a tune for my port and polish and cams so thats very helpful and makes it worth it 100%. I aggree that the process via email can take a while, but it is completely worth it. At least in my case it has always been worth it. In your next email you should ask him if there is a more efficient way to get in contact of him and see what he says. He may give you a different email he checks more frequently or something

·
Registered
155 Posts
Did he charge u extra to do all that

I tried to email him multiple times and never got a response from his support email
I tried to respond to an old email when I was asking about a tune that slipped my attention when he originally sent it. I did this earlier this week, and got a notification yesterday that it could not be delivered. I think he might be having problems with his email server and isn't getting messages right now. Might want to try facebook instead.

·
2,301 Posts
I tried to respond to an old email when I was asking about a tune that slipped my attention when he originally sent it. I did this earlier this week, and got a notification yesterday that it could not be delivered. I think he might be having problems with his email server and isn't getting messages right now. Might want to try facebook instead.
Yeah that's how I was only able to contact him before was through FB Messenger, but I have abandoned FB altogether for privacy reasons

·
2,301 Posts
I also need this file because I'm getting a parsing error, deleting it doesn't fix it then I get a not found error and it won't redownload it from the server for some reason. Using my own file from here won't work for me either

·
Registered
282 Posts
You did the swap yourself?
I did a 2.4 auto to 2.4 manual on a 9g galant . Need leads as to why crank and no start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,301 Posts
You did the swap yourself?
I did a 2.4 auto to 2.4 manual on a 9g galant . Need leads as to why crank and no start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh boy oh boy what a devil's path you have walked down my friend
Did you swap anything electronically?

·
Registered
257 Posts
For me my car cranked sand no start. In total I did 4cyl auto to v6 auto. Then v6 auto to v6 stick. Every time , I had to make sure the ECU corresponding with the same immobilizer. For the eclipse, I took the ecu from the stick car along with the key, ignition, immobilizer ring on ignition, and even swapped the back box connected to the fuse box. Started right up. But if I used a different immobilizer ring or ecu ( I had an extra stick ecu) it wouldn’t start. I can guarantee the immobilizer is the issue if you did not swap over everything

·
2,301 Posts
The black box on the interior fuse box is the ETACS module, Mitsu's version of a body control module, if has the Immobilizer inside it, and the PCM/ECU is married to it, that's why they need to go together as a pair
The ETACS does MANY things electrically with the car, it controls all lights and door locks etc. for one, windshield wipers, you name it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts