Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,786 Posts
Alex is at this time not providing Fastworks sales, and is slowly working through his backlog. This is due to health reasons. As of this time, there is no Fastworks support

I'm in talks of picking up support for it through Speed Farm Garage

·
Basically Stock
7,786 Posts
Are you building a mid engine eclipse?
January this year was the first track day with it. Now I'm just modifying it to be better constantly and using it as a test bed.

I was at the track Wednesday with it testing out my new sway bar bushings I made for example (they worked well and I'll be opening sales very soon)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
January this year was the first track day with it. Now I'm just modifying it to be better constantly and using it as a test bed.

I was at the track Wednesday with it testing out my new sway bar bushings I made for example (they worked well and I'll be opening sales very soon)
Do you know of any track days in the southern Ontario area? I know it's getting late in the season just wondering

·
Basically Stock
7,786 Posts
28th of September, 5th of October, 22nd of October at Grand Bend.

28th and 5th are Wednesdays, 4pm-8pm. I think $85 online $100 at the gate. 22nd is a Saturday, 9am-5pm with Falcon Autosport. Pro drivers will be on hand as instructors. That's the event to go to if you can only pick one. I think $160 online early bird $200 regular. There's an included lunch. Last up it was pizzas (they'll work with dietary restrictions, so had stuff like gluten free, and vegetarian) and pop/water.

The Wednesdays are more about just showing up, doing your thing, and leaving. The Falcon events are much more a community feeling. I'd love to see more 4G out at them. Only two have been out at that track in recent years that I know of, and I own both now, lol.

If you do go, run some Mobil 1, LiquiMoly, Redline, or Amsoil 5w-30 oil, and change it when you get home after. It's not worth risking torching bearings or an oil pump on a day of play to save $30 on oil running something more consumer grade

·
Registered
126 Posts
28th of September, 5th of October, 22nd of October at Grand Bend.

28th and 5th are Wednesdays, 4pm-8pm. I think $85 online $100 at the gate. 22nd is a Saturday, 9am-5pm with Falcon Autosport. Pro drivers will be on hand as instructors. That's the event to go to if you can only pick one. I think $160 online early bird $200 regular. There's an included lunch. Last up it was pizzas (they'll work with dietary restrictions, so had stuff like gluten free, and vegetarian) and pop/water.

The Wednesdays are more about just showing up, doing your thing, and leaving. The Falcon events are much more a community feeling. I'd love to see more 4G out at them. Only two have been out at that track in recent years that I know of, and I own both now, lol.

If you do go, run some Mobil 1, LiquiMoly, Redline, or Amsoil 5w-30 oil, and change it when you get home after. It's not worth risking torching bearings or an oil pump on a day of play to save $30 on oil running something more consumer grade

Mobile 1 synthetic 5w30 was just sale at cdn tire…

·
Basically Stock
7,786 Posts
I think they'll honour the last sale still at customer service. If it was a good sale, it's worth a call

I run Amsoil Signature series. I like it because as long as I don't pass ~270f oil temp, it's like I was never at the racetrack oil wise. And if I DO want to go that hard, it's able to withstand 320f before it falls out of spec for our engines (rapidly degrades at that point though and should be changed). They make one higher for pure track use, the dominator series. But it rapidly degrades in general due to oxidation. It's the best for a track day (that I've found in dozens of hours research and looking at oil testing result data), and 10w-30 is the way to go if you plan to run it very hot. You'll likely start seeing engine ignition knock before that oil fails you

·
Registered
2008 Eclipse GT
202 Posts
I run Amsoil Signature series. I like it because as long as I don't pass ~270f oil temp, it's like I was never at the racetrack oil wise. And if I DO want to go that hard, it's able to withstand 320f before it falls out of spec for our engines (rapidly degrades at that point though and should be changed). They make one higher for pure track use, the dominator series. But it rapidly degrades in general due to oxidation. It's the best for a track day (that I've found in dozens of hours research and looking at oil testing result data), and 10w-30 is the way to go if you plan to run it very hot. You'll likely start seeing engine ignition knock before that oil fails you
What do you think of Royal Purple oil?

·
Basically Stock
7,786 Posts
It's not anything special until you get into their single use race specific oil. Otherwise you may as well be buying Castrol Edge. It's a basic synthetic with purple dye added.

Even their racing oil isn't that fancy. They are a company that was big in the past, and still rides out the hype. The world moved on to better tech, they did not.

·
Registered
2008 Eclipse GT
202 Posts
It's not anything special until you get into their single use race specific oil. Otherwise you may as well be buying Castrol Edge. It's a basic synthetic with purple dye added.

Even their racing oil isn't that fancy. They are a company that was big in the past, and still rides out the hype. The world moved on to better tech, they did not.
Interesting. I heard that one-on-one, their oil had higher standards than Mobile 1, just that Mobile 1 had more options. I remember back in the day when I was an RX-7 owner, it was the only synthetic that could be used in a rotary engine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Alex is at this time not providing Fastworks sales, and is slowly working through his backlog. This is due to health reasons. As of this time, there is no Fastworks support

I'm in talks of picking up support for it through Speed Farm Garage
Please god let this happen😵 I've had no luck finding anyone local that will even listen past the word mitsubishi.

·
Basically Stock
7,786 Posts
Please god let this happen😵 I've had no luck finding anyone local that will even listen past the word mitsubishi.
Very few tuners have the software. It doesn't even use the same format as a Lancer. That's why it's so difficult

I have yet to get any updates from Michael.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts