Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got my eclipse spyder and im looking to improve it i have to small 2.4 gs model and looking to swap the engine what engine swap would be best im looking for more horsepower and torque. as far as aero goes what would you recommend.

·
man with a plan
28 Posts
The engine is good, spend the swap money on a turbo, blowoff, waste gate, wideband 02, aem fic, boost controller, custom manifold and turbo back exhaust, bigger injectors and fuel rail, under drive pulley, lighter flywheel, stage 3 clutch, limited slip diff., cold air intake, ported gt throttle body, forged Pistons, rods, crank, valves, custom springs and lifters, get the heads and intake manifold ported and polished I could go on all day but the power you can get from the engine will be way more than just swapping to a stock motor.... Or just trade in for a gt and start with 100 extra ponies...

·
4,111 Posts
Lol!!!
:ditto: to all...

I have NA GT

Stock dino you'll start around 215/220 WHP...

With my current NA build my dino results are at 295 WHP

Basically you'll get more HP with a GT without having to spend as much money.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
wttc. an engine swap is expensive and complicated. it has been done but with time and patience. Where in NJ do you live, I'm seeing alot of new members come from the PA/NJ area

1 - 10 of 10 Posts