Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

461 - 480 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm interested in the "tattoo skull" key (to the left of the note with your username) with a Mitsubishi logo. With the buttons facing me, the thinner side of the key is on my right.

What is the process for setting this key up? Do I need to get your keyblade cut to match mine, and then gut my key to get the chip out? I only have one key and idk how to get another one, so I don't want to mess anything up. I've heard the dealership charges an arm and leg for a new key and I'd rather have coilovers. :hahano:

If it's $35 still I'm game, just lmk.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
I'm interested in the "tattoo skull" key (to the left of the note with your username) with a Mitsubishi logo. With the buttons facing me, the thinner side of the key is on my right.

What is the process for setting this key up? Do I need to get your keyblade cut to match mine, and then gut my key to get the chip out? I only have one key and idk how to get another one, so I don't want to mess anything up. I've heard the dealership charges an arm and leg for a new key and I'd rather have coilovers. :hahano:

If it's $35 still I'm game, just lmk.

Ok, the "tattoo skull" one is available if you would like it.

In your sig, it says you have a 09, is that correct?
(If so, then you have a left groove blade.)

Yes, you need to get the new flip key blade cut to match your oem key. Then just pop open your oem key, take out the chip/keyless entry (the red/black thing) and put it into the flip key. Then your good to go. Its easy. : )

·
Registered
41 Posts
PM'd. Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Flipkey arrived and looks great! Excellent customer service from ryguy, and super fast shipping. Can't wait to get this thing cut; in addition to looking sick af, the construction feels solid and the button is stiffer than my OEM flip key I had for my Jeep Renegade which is great. Shouldn't flip loose in my pocket as often. Really very happy with it and I've been playing with it even though it's not cut for my car yet haha. I miss the flipkey fidgeting.

Highly recommend getting yourself one of these through ryguy. He's been a pro through every step of the process and made himself available for all of my dumb questions. Looks and feels awesome compared to my 10 year old OEM key, which is falling apart and looking worse for wear.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
Flipkey arrived and looks great! Excellent customer service from ryguy, and super fast shipping. Can't wait to get this thing cut; in addition to looking sick af, the construction feels solid and the button is stiffer than my OEM flip key I had for my Jeep Renegade which is great. Shouldn't flip loose in my pocket as often. Really very happy with it and I've been playing with it even though it's not cut for my car yet haha. I miss the flipkey fidgeting.

Highly recommend getting yourself one of these through ryguy. He's been a pro through every step of the process and made himself available for all of my dumb questions. Looks and feels awesome compared to my 10 year old OEM key, which is falling apart and looking worse for wear.
Thanks AJ
Im glad your happy with it.: )

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 ·
Heres a couple more Carbon Mist-Carbon Fiber ones as well as All Current Flip Keys Available.
20200913_150145.jpg

20200913_150727.jpg

Hydro-Dipped 4g flip key , WITH correct blade for YOU. = $35.00 USD

FREE SHIPPING in USA.
(+$3.00 for international shipping outside the USA.)

All PM's replied to. : )

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Yeah, I might buy one of these also. I have the internals, just don't know what I'm doing other than that, lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I read an earlier post where you explain how the key works, take the blade to be cut, put chip from oem key in... But what if I want an actual 2nd functional key fob? Theoretically how would one go about doing that? Go to the dealer and get it programmed? Or get a 2nd from the dealer and then swap it to one of your flip keys?

·
2,803 Posts
I read an earlier post where you explain how the key works, take the blade to be cut, put chip from oem key in... But what if I want an actual 2nd functional key fob? Theoretically how would one go about doing that? Go to the dealer and get it programmed? Or get a 2nd from the dealer and then swap it to one of your flip keys?
How to program a new key fob explained

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #478 ·
What year is your car?

You could try this key if you have a 06-07 but youll have to have the dealer program it since you do not have a 2nd key thats programmed already.
If you had 2 programmed keys, I think theres a way to make the 3rd a clone.

·
2,803 Posts
Just wanna point out that the link I posted does work, but it ONLY programs the REMOTE FOB buttons. NOT the immobilizer. Very important to point that out. So you can use it to program generic fobs themselves, or key fobs apart of a full key. But to make a key start the car with the immobilizer (assuming you haven't disabled the immobilizer), then you need someone with a proper scan tool to program the keys into the immobilizer.

461 - 480 of 484 Posts