Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mits Man
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up guys? As you can tell from my pics, I have an aftermarket Blackout-3 front bumper from AIT Racing (close up pic of bumper is attached). Unfortunately, I can't figure out a way to get my stock foglights mounted in it (trust me... I've tried everything lol). My foglight wiring/internals are still in place; they are currently zip-tied in my lower engine bay.

With that being said, I've put together a plan to replace my foglights with RGB LED (like these) strips and need your opinion:
I would like to use the current foglight wiring to power the LED strips so that I can turn them on/off with my stock foglight button. I'll just use an adhesive to mount them along the edge of the mesh foglight opening in my bumper.

I know very little about electrical engineering, especially in regards to cars. Will I be able to power LED strips with my stock foglight wiring, or will there too much/little voltage (or watts)? Also, will I need to use resistors with the LED strips (similar to the foglight LED conversion kits)?

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
Even if it did need a resistor you could just easily use the fog lights wires to trigger,a relay to have turn the leds on

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts