Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , on the drivers side 02 sensor apparently the doorman spark plug defoulers don't fit because it's butted up against that rail , is a J shaped fouler gonna work there then ?

·
1,972 Posts
Hey guys , on the drivers side 02 sensor apparently the doorman spark plug defoulers don't fit because it's butted up against that rail , is a J shaped fouler gonna work there then ?
On the bottom O2 sensor? Idk it fit for me man, it’s just tight

I took them off long ago tho so it’s been a while, it was tight tho and I was worried about them getting stuck

I really recommend a retune tho

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend and I rounded off an 02 socket , both jumped on a breaker bar to try and get that drivers side to break , couldn't fit the impact in there . So I took it to a shop and they got it loose with heat but said there was no room for the spacers , not even one . . . I went and bought the curved J shape fouler so hopefully that fits in there , cost 5 times what the other ones do . Starting to question the shop I went to cause I bought a muffler and they told me it doesn't fit when my buddy said he can do it with one cut and 30 minutes . . . As for a tune that would be ideal but I'm like $6500 into this GS with 150,000km and it's factory minus the cai and free speakers a buddy gave me lol . Another $750 for a tune and my girlfriend will tell me to take a hike lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used penetrating oil and wd-40. Also I wouldn't put one spacer on and not the other if that's what you referred to.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assumed that was US dollars , and I searched for that tactix cable a while ago and seemed to be out of stock anywhere that carried it . Maybe if and when I sell all the stuff I've bought for this car that doesn't fit / work I'll look into again .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used 3 of the regular foulers/spacers on the other one , same distance as the J one . Would have used both J shaped but the guy I bought it from only had one and to order one would take weeks and cost 3 times what I paid for this one . Went on a long highway cruise and through town today code free . Still blown away the difference being cat free , sounds pretty awesome even with the factory muffler . Hopefully get this Megan Racing one in Tuesday when shops open

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally caught a code today 😞 Was code free for 5 days mostly highway trips . Pushed it to 150 on the highway tonight though and it came on . If I use my buddies code reader it'll tell me which one gave the code if not both right ? I'm thinking it's the side I used the doorman non foulers . Theres another "minicar" fouler for sale near me I might replace those with

·
1,972 Posts
A tune is the best way to make these codes shut up permanently

Yes the code will tell you which bank the code is for

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not bothered nearly enough by the odd code here and there to justify the money for a tune , not in this cars future lol .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya for sure , I'm super paranoid about the timing belt now after browsing around here . I've got 153,000km and the previous owner was incredibly sketchy and treated this car like an ex girlfriend . When I had everything looked over they said the belts look brand new , no leaks , everything appeared great under the hood , but I heard you can't visually tell if the timing belt is bad , only way is service records that I don't have . So I'm thinking that's gonna be the next thing done . Out of curiousity , would a reflash stop the codes ? A guy on Facebook Marketplace near me was selling some reflash tablet , I could swallow that price tag a little easier

·
1,972 Posts
The reflash most use is Fastworks by a guy called Hackish or his reseller Alex, it’s a full suite software package editor, tune, everything

There were a few people that used ECUFlash but the definitions are hard to get and premodified ROMs as base maps are not available like u get when u buy Fastworks

There is one Russian guy who sells a premade (off the shelf) tune and has you flash it via ECUFlash but he doesn’t give u the definition file for it so you can’t edit it or fine tune it for your own car, one guy claims his engine blew up because of this tune

Either way, you’ll need a Tactrix OpenPort 2.0

There is no handheld flash tablet or device like a Cobb access port for this car, so you’ll need the Tactrix (a real one direct from them) and a windows laptop

And yes, getting that timing belt kit is priority #1, no point getting a tune if your engine blows up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts