Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you recommended this site in the past, but oh my God. Do not order from these people right now. I don't know what their deal is, but I will refer you to my awesome email thread with them that has spanned since 6/24. Every time it's "one more week". They are being dishonest about whatever their issues are, but steer clear if you're looking to purchase this part.

FR Sport is not on the up and up right now and their customer service is polite, but worthless. Currently looking for a different vendor for the wastegate flange so I can delete this resonator.

BLEH. :(

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,403 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll probably snag that first link later tonight.

I can re-use the bolts from the resonator for the blockoff flange, right? The second one is more expensive but comes with bolts and I'm wondering if it would be wise to snag that one just in case I strip or sheer the bolts that are on there.

My plan is just to hack off the resonator while I'm changing the valve cover gasket out, since it should be easily to access while the cover is off, but I'm finding out quickly that on a 10 year old car that obviously used to live near salt water, plans have to be adjustable on the fly lol.

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
I got my flange through FR Sport. They did delay for a week then they sent me a msg stating they shipped my flange for intake resonator delete. Everything went well for me.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,403 Posts
Thanks, I'll probably snag that first link later tonight.

I can re-use the bolts from the resonator for the blockoff flange, right? The second one is more expensive but comes with bolts and I'm wondering if it would be wise to snag that one just in case I strip or sheer the bolts that are on there.

My plan is just to hack off the resonator while I'm changing the valve cover gasket out, since it should be easily to access while the cover is off, but I'm finding out quickly that on a 10 year old car that obviously used to live near salt water, plans have to be adjustable on the fly lol.
Yes you can.

And I feel you. Up here in Ontario, half the year is salt roads. My biggest tip is switch to impact tools instead of wrenches if you haven't already. There's less torque off the angle of rotation, so there's less chance of stripping and snapped heads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts