Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay bear with me, and lets just avoid the internal "hey. hey thats not safe, you're gonna have a hard time. I poop with lofi cafe music playing, ughhh" and think about the joy and process instead. The 4G by no means is a light sporting coupe, and the market for my 4g69 is smaller than most of the millenials collective will to live. I have been reading and reading, just looking for anyone who has put this Ls into this wide b***h. So far no one and I wanna be the first if there isn't one. I know the transmission is a 4 speed auto for those engines but Fiero guys have been using the buick regal fwd 6 speed manual to have even more fun with an easy swap with little fab. this is the only LS I can think of that will mount transversally, and has turbo kits. For me I don't care how much it costs. I'm 6 foot fuckinh 5 and have a wide frame myself. I fit so comfortably in my GS, and love its wide curves, and very unique styling that is unmistakable. Now imagine turning that key in your eclipse and you hear the low tone grumble, and tap the gas for a smile inducing sound bite

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
5,942 Posts
Ever done a V8 swap? Also, doing a transverse V8 probably wouldn't be the way to go in our engine bay. It would be incredibly tall, and the width could be an issue. Longitudinal should work much better. Then you just have to cut a trans tunnel and weld in some sheet metal for the trans, and for a rear dif, you can take whatever rear subframe has roughly the right dimensions, and drop that in on a custom mount. You'd want to reinforce the body back there most likely to handle the torque being at the rear, but no big deal.

As for aftermarket, all the parts to make a built motor T3 or T4 flanged turbo GS are out there aside from a downpipe. You just have to know what you're looking for. And that the 4 speed auto is the weakest part of the entire driveline.

I wouldn't worry too much about Fiero guys. In my experience working on them, that engine bay is much MUCH different than we have, and the challenges are mostly unrelated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts