Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GT 3.8L that had D2 Coilovers installed on front and rear when I bought it. After taking a look at the suspension I noticed the front sway bar is not connected on either side to the coilovers- it's just sitting on the frame of the car. I know I need to get end links in order to connect the sway bar, but since it is lowered I don't know if a standard end link will fit. I looked online for an adjustable end link but could not find one for my year and model. Also my car has a shimmy at approximately 20 mph only. No shimmy under or above 20 mph. Runs strait, no drift left or right at any speed. Already replaced both transaxles, new front rotors, new tires. 1. I want the shimmy to stop. 2.Where can i find a pair of front adjustable End links if i need them.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
5,935 Posts
You don't need shorter end links when you lower a car. Adjusting length is for adjusting preload on the bar to effectively make it stiffer.

Many people, not so much in the 4G world though, remove the sway bars after putting in stiff springs, as proper spring stiffness negates the need for sway bars in many cases. That said, I suspect the default spring rate on the market is too soft for that.

As for your shimmy... That's weird that it's only at 20mph for sure. With the car in the air, is there any play in any of the suspension when you grab each wheel and move it?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a 2006 GT 3.8L that had D2 Coilovers installed on front and rear when I bought it. After taking a look at the suspension I noticed the front sway bar is not connected on either side to the coilovers- it's just sitting on the frame of the car. I know I need to get end links in order to connect the sway bar, but since it is lowered I don't know if a standard end link will fit. I looked online for an adjustable end link but could not find one for my year and model. Also my car has a shimmy at approximately 20 mph only. No shimmy under or above 20 mph. Runs strait, no drift left or right at any speed. Already replaced both transaxles, new front rotors, new tires. 1. I want the shimmy to stop. 2.Where can i find a pair of front adjustable End links if i need them.
That shimmy is actually from a bent rim. I have the same problem, and it doesn't happen all the time which is weird, but I did some research and some people were having the same problem. Turns out to be a bent rim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys. I installed the standard end links and they fit perfectly, but does not really improve the ride or handling as far as I can tell. Still have the shimmy at 20 mph, but can't afford the new wheels/rims but I will try that next as I don't really see any other options. Car runs strait and does not pull to left or right so it's not an alignment issue. Thanks again everyone for the responses!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts