Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the 2007 -2009 gs 2.4 eclipse have a fuel pressure sensor, I see a fuel tank deferential pressure sensor that’s on the gas tank.

·
2,690 Posts
Nope
That sensor in the tank is just for testing the evap system for leaks, it's nothing to do with fuel pressure

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks, I’m trying to figure out why my psi is leaking down overnight. It’s been hard to start, so I replaced fuel pump and injectors. When I loosened the first injector it had no pressure

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,168 Posts
I'm not making any comment on the pump you replaced it with. I'm just saying that injectors would never have been the source of the issue. The options I see are pump and regulator, and you already changed pump to no effect. The regulator is beside the pump in the basket.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don’t smell gas anywhere, the funny thing is when it’s hot outside it starts fine. This morning is was 52 degrees. I turn the key on and off 4 times and then it started up is was misfire some , idling around 1000 rpms. After 5 minutes it was fine. That was at 6am. My son said he drove the car around 11am and it started and drove good. If it’s cold like 40’s and lower it is really hard to start . What would you suggest next, I’m thinking about checking the electrical connection on the fuel assembly

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It’s warm weather to to hot weather then back to warm weather here in Alabama. The car will run great in warm and hot weather, I think I’m going to run it till it gets cold weather and move on. Don’t know what else to do , I don’t need a money pit. But I might not, I love the body style of the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought about that it might be a bad new fuel pump module, like you are suggested. I thought about buying a cheap one from rockauto , around 60 bucks to see if it makes a difference

1 - 20 of 27 Posts