Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
2,691 Posts
That’s like 170.00. I’m hesitant to buy that one and it not make a difference.
If you're too cheap to buy quality parts for the car then maybe you should cut your losses and stop playing around with old cars and just go over to your local Chevy dealer and lease a Chevy Spark

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Your not seeing what I am. I already put a new fuel pump in and it did not make a difference. So if I buy a almost 200 fuel pump and it doesn’t make a difference I lost 200 bucks . Or. I could buy the cheap one and be out of 70 bucks . If the cheap one fixes the problem I can run it till it fails .

·
2,691 Posts
?
Or you can be out the $70 you paid for the POS part that didn't work when you have to toss it in the bin and buy the correct part for $170
Opportunity cost

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Does your fuel filler tube have a open hole under the gas cap or does it have the spring loaded plate like most cars?

·
2,691 Posts
Does your fuel filler tube have a open hole under the gas cap or does it have the spring loaded plate like most cars?
Open hole
I’ve only seen spring loaded plates on cars with capless fuel systems; which have the seals on those flaps go bad easily and dirt get inside and then instead of simply replacing a gas cap, you’re replacing the whole filler neck

21 - 27 of 27 Posts