Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, seeing as my car is going a snails pace I have some side projects to complete. so currently the old stereo is gutted and being fiber glassed to get ready for the new enclosures.

new build will consist of spare tire box vented with 2 DD1508's @ 35hz with 2 single sealed enclosures in behind each tail light with 2 more subs (4 total). pushing them is a Rockford T-3 with all 4 single 4ohm voice coils wired 1 ohm @3800watts rms

I will also be using the same 4 channel Rockford amp for all my component but moving it to behind the rear seat, the T3 will be more less on the trunk of the floor with a 32" tv above both amps with trim pieces painted to match the car.
the idea is to have everything removable so I will be starting at the bottom and working my way up starting with the spare tire then the single enclosures and last the tv/amp racks

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
similar, right idea though. only thing is I will have 4 subs, bigger amps and plan to keep the rear seat.

I got my tv in the mail from black Friday :) the tire enclosure fit perfect, reinstalled the rear plastic interior piece and put another layer of fiberglass to secure the rear part of the box. next will be to properly fit the sub mount plate, fleece and body filler.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thread revival! the car is back in my hands so working on loose ends when i can, now have the amps painted to match the car, only have a small amount left to fiberglass on the double sub box then it is ready to cover. I managed to get the driver side pocket mould done so just need to do the other side, test fit, trim, mount sub rings, more fiberglass then cover but heres a sneak peak until i get more resin...

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hydrodip! Amps turned out sick!

got my pioneer navigation unit in with the bezel, have the rear trunk panels out to make the other 2 enclosures as well as paint the center console

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i for events to put up build pics in a power point as your doing mods while you are out and about checking out other cars or if your ever trying to kill time you can just hook up your xbox. the small LED tvs are so light and cheap it doesnt seem like as dumb of an idea as it used to be years ago. technology is changing and opening up many new possibilities as well as when i get it boosted i can build a mini pc and tune it at the track adventually. I used to think the same way but have found many ways i can make it usefully rather than it being like look at the tv im just storing in my trunk :bigthumb:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Table

Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior Bumper finally got the fiberglassing done on the spare tire enclosure as well as the fleece to give it contour and ended up using regular speaker box carpet to save on bondo and sanding so the picture doesnt do it much justice. the side pocket enclosures have the sub rings mounted in place now i just have to wrap them in fleece and fiberglass then cover but i would like to put everything in the trunk to see where im at for space before i go any farther... just waiting to get the resistor for my rear tail lights before i put the trunk interior panels back in.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I now have most of the interior painted now, I may do a few other smaller pieces later but I am happy with the way it is right now. the trunk is moving a lot quicker now that the fiberglass work is done, I just need to wrap my head around to how I want to do the brace bar for mounting the tv

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
ihave been meaning to update this finally! trunk is done! subs are all hooked up and booming and the TV is installed with just a media box hooked up for now until i get a car PC for my tuning software.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it never ends! i keep coming up with more ideas. so i have new gauges that still need to be hooked up but i painted my center bezel and front pillars

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts