Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audio equipment Font Gas Toy Circle

So i bought these sway bar bushings at the store cause they said they was greasable and looke to be about the same size as the ones that came with but when i put them on there was a gap in the bushing for the opening for the sway like this
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part
upon tightening the gap didnt close so these do not fit the bar just posting for anybody that sees for future reference

·
Registered
673 Posts
I tried the greasable ones a long time ago when my OEM brackets finally snapped from my Progress bar. They don't fit. The PU bushing and steel bracket are larger than expected and push the bolts too far apart to line up with the holes on the frame. I tried to force it to work a couple ways and no dice. Its just easier to get the non-greasable ones that actually fit. If they by chance ever do start making noise (still hasn't happened for me), its easy enough to just pop them off and do it with your finger one afternoon.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,770 Posts
I was thinking that and was gonna attempt it but thats mad extra and i dont have a vise or anything to hold it id rather just use the ones the sway bar came with😭
Go that route for now, then when you see an announcement about me selling bushings, I'll make a custom set with whatever sway bar hole size you need. They're made in house, and just undergoing testing now. I want to test mine on a racetrack before I release them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts