Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i was doing my front breaks and went to take the rotora of and there was this green plastic tapered piece around the hub aitting inbetween the rotor and the wheel. Anyone have any idea what this is? And is it needed. I was thinkin its there to kinda center the wheel. But not quite sure.

Just curiouse cause if it not supposed to be there or doesnt need to be im taking it off cause it feels like my wheel doesnt sit flush when ever i re install it.

Ill pop the wheel off to take a pic tomarrow if you all dont know what it is just by me describing it.

But in other news front end has new rotors and pads. Rear is getting new rotors pads shoes and shoe hardware tomarrow.

Also one other thing im sorry this is a lot but does anyone else coat the mating surfaces between the hub and rotor and between the rotor and wheel with anti-seize?

Its always been a habit for me to do that learned it from my grandpa when i was a kid. It seems to make break changes a lot easier the wheel and rotor come off super easy no hammer needed like today doing my breaks.

Oh i will toss a pic up of how bad the front pads where the passenger side inboard litterly was only about as thick as maybe a penny or a quarter. It was super sketchy.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive never seen it before either. But yeah the onlything nice about it is after you toss the rotor on if you toss that ring on it will hold your rotor in place

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah deffently didnt have those. Also did i mention i fucking hate parking breaks

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im wondering if the green thing is to hold it in place while putting the calipers on and who ever did the last brakes didnt put the screws in and jsut used those but never took them off

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well brakes are done when I get home after work tonight I'll take a picture of that green ring but here's how bad the pads were on the front and the rear we're just about as bad one of the wear indicators on the rear had been pushing so hard that it ended up breaking off.

The rotors look like they could still be turned down so I'm going to keep those clean them up and get them turned down so I have a spare set.

Definitely happy that I want with the black zinc oxide coating on the rotors so now the only place it's going to rust is where the pads are touching if it rusts

·
Registered
283 Posts
If there was a green ring between the rotor and the wheel, the wheel you’re using might have been using a hub centric ring. This is common with aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh ill pull the wheel Tomorrow and get a pic but its weird cause it had stock wheels on it when i bought it but thats not to say it had them on there by the og owner.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ahh ill pull the wheel Tomorrow and get a pic but its weird cause it had stock wheels on it when i bought it but thats not to say it had them on there by the og owner.

Yeah, if you revert back to stock wheels then the hub centric rings need to come off...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah they are deffently hub centric rings

And would explaine why i had heavy vibrations with my stock wheels

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah they are deffently hub centric rings