Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question. I've been having this problem for a while now and can't seem to pinpoint what's causing it. So basically it only happens when I've driven the car for a while and warmed up, or when I'm soft braking at low speeds, like in a parking lot or something, but it doesn't occur during normal braking. It also comes out when I'm entering a dip of some sort, like a parking lot or something. Has anyone ever had this issue before? Wheel hub bearing? Bad strut mount?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it does it in hard low speed cornering, I'd vote wheel bearing. It'll sound like a scraping noise intermittently
I thought it would've been the wheel bearing too. I ended up installing new rotors and pads today, and I made sure everything was secure and tight. The wheel bearings seem to be in good condition. I think I ended up fixing the problem. There was actually something lodged in the brake pad, like a rock or something. No clue why I did not see this before. Also, the brake shims seem to be a different size? I'm not sure how it got that way, but the left side had equal shims. Replaced all brake hardware and so far so good. I think that fixed the problem. Thanks for the reply again bro, you're always here to help I appreciate that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts