Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Title is pretty self explanatory, but I just installed a GT Throttle Body I picked off a scrapped V6. After installing however, I threw code P0174. I’m assuming this isn’t usual for most people, so I was wondering if anyone could help me pinpoint the issue. Everything was installed as shown on the GT Throttle body install sticky. I’m personally thinking this is caused by Me not using copper sealant on the gasket, but wanted to make sure. Any help will be appreciated, and I’m sorry in advance if this wasn’t specific enough… I’m just a guy in a garage trying to do something he only understands at surface level.

The current modifications my car is running are: Injen SRI, GT throttle body (it was directly after this install I got the code), RRE exhaust header (with O2 Spacers), RRE underdrive pully, Magnaflow Axle-back exhaust, and of course the coolant line tb bypass.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, just went through made sure everything was tightened down. Everything was tight and torqued so it’s no turn and done operation. Any common mistakes I should attempt to fix or diagnostics I can run myself before taking it into someone to work on or just replacing the throttle body with my own stock GS?

·
2,690 Posts
Thank you both, just went through made sure everything was tightened down. Everything was tight and torqued so it’s no turn and done operation. Any common mistakes I should attempt to fix or diagnostics I can run myself before taking it into someone to work on or just replacing the throttle body with my own stock GS?
Smoke test the intake pipe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts