Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Just got a '07 GT with 96,6xx miles and I'm pretty thrilled.
I couldn't pass it up and the car looks way better in person. It's the first car I've owned where it actually makes some decent power. All the others were below 200hp.
Have an appointment with the shop on tuesday to look over every single detail and form a plan to get this thing top notch and running healthy...although so far it has been driving smoothly. Previous owner seemed to be on top of regular maintenance and the paint has actually held up.
Getting used to manual but everyone has been there before.

I hope to contribute to the forums consistently!

On a side note, does anyone else have the ultra red pearl color?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that's one thing I know I'll be changing out soon.
How important is it to change the water pump and tensioner along with the belt?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Water pump and tensioner

I got a kit with water pump, tensioner and cam and crank seals. I'm getting it all done at the same time. I would hate to have to revisit this at some time soon in the next couple years when it's all right there to be done for very little extra cost. Having to do it before the next timing belt change in 60,000 miles from now would cost you a lot more.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When I did my timing belt I did water pump both pulleys and new S belts you matter well since ur there less to worry about down the road

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, I'll probably do everything in one go. Get a quote and shop around for the best prices on changing everything out. thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts