Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mmmfff 
#1 ·
I am looking for place/someone with garage or setup to properly gut my header cats and install O2 sensor spacers. I have the dreaded warm-up cat failing code and I'm not wasting money on another one (once changed under recall). And I'd like to pick up some performance while looking stock for inspection. I want proper gutting (make sure all material is out) and setting up the O2 spacers (as many as required to turn off the SES light). I am near Philly so I can travel to NJ, PA, maybe near NY (not upstate). I'm willing to pay cash, not sure how much, but I'll definitely pay as much as we'll agree upon (anyway has to be much cheaper than dealer replacing it)... Please only serious offers, I'd rather pay more to someone who has done it and has a lot of experience. I don't want to drive far and have the car inoperable in someone's driveway LOL :)

THANKS!

#2 ·
14mm wrench and a 12mm are the minimum tools you could use for removing the manifold. O2 sensors are best taken out with the socket tool, cost me $8 for one

If you do gut it, you'll need a tune. Otherwise just put some O2 spacers on the down stream O2s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.