Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
You would have to email him.

[email protected] - Software support issues and bugs
[email protected] - any tune requests, modifications, fine tuning for licensed users.
[email protected] - any sales requests

I believe you email the tuning one first but you can email the sales one. He checks on them both

In the first email, let him know your mods, and the engine light codes so he can best help you.

The tuning is like $350 and the tactrix cable is about $150 which is why its $500. You NEED the cable in order to do the reflash along with a laptop where you will download the latest version of fastworks. He will tell you all of this

Its defemitely worth it even if your car is stock. It was pretty noticable on the 4cyl engine I had with full bolt ons. No engine light and better gas mileage was worth it.

On my V6 however, the difference was incredible. I notied a lot more power out of my car with the port and polish and full bolt ons, it was running very lean. The first tune he gave me, made the car run a little better and then I received a finer tune and it was even better. I get around 20 mpg in the city with my GT delivering pizzas and 25+ on thr highways. Also, seeing Mustangs in my rear view mirror is also great.

Defenitely get the tune

·
Registered
224 Posts
Has anyone talked to him or gotten a tune lately? I need a new tune since putting in OBX headers and I emailed him on January 1at then again a week later and again this week and sent it to all of the email addresses on the Fastworks contact page. No response. I'm calling the phone number today.

Is he still in business?

·
Gamer
6,900 Posts
Has anyone talked to him or gotten a tune lately? I need a new tune since putting in OBX headers and I emailed him on January 1at then again a week later and again this week and sent it to all of the email addresses on the Fastworks contact page. No response. I'm calling the phone number today.

Is he still in business?
He still does tunes, try messaging him on Facebook.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Best way to get ahold of him, from what I found out to be, is Facebook. The tunes took months at some points through email especially if there is misinformation, where as Facebook was instant if he wasnt busy. I also found it as an easy way to schedule times for precise tunes and even ask tuning related questions. The email does work, but messenger is much quicker. Just dont blow up his facebook and Im sure he'll be happy to help qnyone.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've been trying to get a hold of him for two months through email, and he has failed to respond. Frankly, I don't care for his level of skill anymore; I need better customer service than what he's providing so I'm going to end up sourcing my tune elsewhere. The last thing I need is for something to happen two, three years down the road and having essentially a bricked CPU in my hands because Hackish decided to ghost the community because he doesn't want to work on them anymore.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Got mine by stayer. Very responsive and setup ICQ so online together and chat instantly. Very short process and similar with the 2.0 open port.

·
2,858 Posts
I've been trying to get a hold of him for two months through email, and he has failed to respond. Frankly, I don't care for his level of skill anymore; I need better customer service than what he's providing so I'm going to end up sourcing my tune elsewhere. The last thing I need is for something to happen two, three years down the road and having essentially a bricked CPU in my hands because Hackish decided to ghost the community because he doesn't want to work on them anymore.
I've also been trying to get ahold of him via his official emails and his official forums for a few months with no go, I already have his tune on my GS and it works fine for what is does, I do feel it was a little pricey though, compared to a lot of the tunes available for the Subaru's for much much cheaper.

However I've been trying to contact him about fine tuning my tune and have got no response, I used to only be able to contact him through FB, but I have deleted my FB account and even let him know of this before I deleted it.

Originally I had a lot of frustrations initially with his tune anyway, as I had sent the money over PayPal, and then he activated my VIN and I tried to install the initial tune, well it failed to properly upload my original tune back to his server because of the reliance on internet, like I'm supposed to have internet access on my laptop in the driveway or parking lot....and then I requested my money back via PayPal, it was only then that he decided to help me get it installed and reset something on his server to make this happen. He then sent me a different tune I requested for my few mods like the gutted header and DC Sports CAI which he sent me a file that made my car (automatic) not even shift, because it was something he said he was testing for automatic launch control and that it was the wrong file, I finally got him to send me the tune for the DC Sports CAI and gutted header and got that installed, so yes I do feel like the customer service could be much better, I wish the ECU flashing for this car was more like what's available for the Evo's and WRX's though.

What do you mean about getting your ECU bricked down the road though? Once it's on the car it doesn't leave or get messed up unless you keep messing with trying to flash, tune, or datalog. Regular Scan Tools won't affect the tune at all, so your mechanic or yourself, even autozone or whatever can still hook up to it and read data, codes, and reset codes.

The dealer would be able to overwrite it though, or anyone with a J2534 flash tool and the official Mitsubishi MUT-III software with an active license.

·
Ricer
2009 BMW 3-Series 335i Coupe
132 Posts
I messaged stayer the other day and he responded to me within 30 minutes. If you are looking for good customer service and a cheaper tune I would go with him. I haven't personally gotten the tune from him yet since I'm still saving up for the tactrix cable. I would definitely borrow it from a member to get it going quicker but I don't think that the thread is still active.

·
2,858 Posts
I messaged stayer the other day and he responded to me within 30 minutes. If you are looking for good customer service and a cheaper tune I would go with him. I haven't personally gotten the tune from him yet since I'm still saving up for the tactrix cable. I would definitely borrow it from a member to get it going quicker but I don't think that the thread is still active.
I already bought the tune from Hackish, and I still have my Tactrix 2.0 that I used on my '02 WRX as well with EcuFlash and RomRaider

How much is Stayer's tune?

·
Ricer
2009 BMW 3-Series 335i Coupe
132 Posts
I already bought the tune from Hackish, and I still have my Tactrix 2.0 that I used on my '02 WRX as well with EcuFlash and RomRaider

He quoted me at $300 in a PM. He's on these forums frequently if you want to double check.

Also, fn love WRX's man. I bet she ripped haha

·
2,858 Posts

He quoted me at $300 in a PM. He's on these forums frequently if you want to double check.

Also, fn love WRX's man. I bet she ripped haha
Ohh yeah Hackish is $350

Yeah my ‘02 WRX is a Stg 2 with full 3 inch Hitech exhaust, TurboXS BOV, TurboXS MBC, Stage 2 tune with forced readiness monitors and disabled rear O2 sensor codes because I don’t have one anymore lol and TGV sensor code deletes, and an AEM Short Ram Intake, it hits 18-20 psi of boost in 3rd gear

Best part is that the tune I got for the WRX was a free tune by a popular tuner from Osecuroms or 91 octane which is the minimum for the WRX anyway, and then I used Romraider to force readiness monitors and disable the TGV codes, Rear O2 codes, and EGR sensor codes

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Guys who want a flashing, address. Now communicate via Whatsapp. There are tunes for all types of ECU. +7 902 472 68 90
P. S. All Subaru, too, can be done.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was able to get a response from Michael through FB messenger. He said he thinks the email support system is working again. I asked him if I can get a new tune and he said sure. Hopefully next week.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got mine by stayer. Very responsive and setup ICQ so online together and chat instantly. Very short process and similar with the 2.0 open port.
Yeah I spoke with Stayer already, I read some of the reviews of his work and it looks solid. I think I'm leaning more and more towards either taking it to a local shop or trying to do it myself; I understand how the fuel/air lookup table works in concept and my programming background and more recent work on my car has gotten me comfortable with the idea of trying this. I haven't discounted ultimately having Stayer do it anyway; it's just going to depend on timing, since he actually does not provide a copy of the final loaded map.

·
Registered
155 Posts
What do you mean about getting your ECU bricked down the road though?
If I do the tune now, it's intake, headers and exhaust. If I ever decide to do more in the future, like raise the rev limiter or add boost, I can't use the ECU as is and would need to reach out to Hackish for a reflash. Well, if he's not around, I would be screaming into the ether holding a brick in my hand that I can't use to drive my car, because it's programmed for a different setup.

My neighbor recently bought an SRT-4 with a blown engine and a PT Cruiser Turbo for the engine to drop in to the SRT. The guy he bought the car from put an e85 tune from Diablosport. The guy he bought the car from told him the shop he had the tune installed at went out of business, so he spent three months trying to find someone who could remove that tune, which apparently requires user registration information he did not have. Ultimately, he gave up and instead of removing the tune, he reinstalled all the race parts.

He's 48 years old, driving around a car he's forced to own because he can't fix it, because he can't afford a new ECU and he can't get the old one programmed. It rattles, it lurches, the short-throw shifter is too closely aligned and he's got electronic components tucked into the engine bay roadkill-style, being held in place with duct tape and wire ties. It's an undrivable hideous obnoxiously loud monster.

This is not what I want to happen to my car.

·
2,858 Posts
If I do the tune now, it's intake, headers and exhaust. If I ever decide to do more in the future, like raise the rev limiter or add boost, I can't use the ECU as is and would need to reach out to Hackish for a reflash. Well, if he's not around, I would be screaming into the ether holding a brick in my hand that I can't use to drive my car, because it's programmed for a different setup.

My neighbor recently bought an SRT-4 with a blown engine and a PT Cruiser Turbo for the engine to drop in to the SRT. The guy he bought the car from put an e85 tune from Diablosport. The guy he bought the car from told him the shop he had the tune installed at went out of business, so he spent three months trying to find someone who could remove that tune, which apparently requires user registration information he did not have. Ultimately, he gave up and instead of removing the tune, he reinstalled all the race parts.

He's 48 years old, driving around a car he's forced to own because he can't fix it, because he can't afford a new ECU and he can't get the old one programmed. It rattles, it lurches, the short-throw shifter is too closely aligned and he's got electronic components tucked into the engine bay roadkill-style, being held in place with duct tape and wire ties. It's an undrivable hideous obnoxiously loud monster.

This is not what I want to happen to my car.
I'm almost 100% confident that if you want one of these tunes removed, you can just ask the dealer to overwrite the firmware with their latest revision.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I'm almost 100% confident that if you want one of these tunes removed, you can just ask the dealer to overwrite the firmware with their latest revision.
The dealer is not engaged in flashing Mitsubishi. Service unit MUT-III does not allow reading and writing in the ECU. Moreover, the ability to read and write is not available to everyone. It is made specially at the factory. To playful hands did not climb where does not follow.
Ask yourself why only Hackish and Stayer make these tunes? I'll tell you. Because it's not easy. For example 8-10 years ago, there was no access to the ECU of the Eclipse at all.
I'm not giving you a chance to interfere with the tune. Setting has a finished look, there is no need to improve any parameter. This work was carried out on a dynamometer. All parameters are taken not from a ceiling, and really under loading. Any interference will spoil the quality of the tune. Engineers worked on it, and not one year.
This I mean that the ability to read and write the ECU, it's just part of the job. It is necessary to understand where and what changes to make it really a masterpiece. Understand why, in a given or other place, the factory engineer did so and not otherwise.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts