Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the timing belt broke and bent 2 valves, cracked 3 guides. Got everything put back together and I’m about to install the cylinder head. Bought the Fel-Pro HS 26235 PT Head Gasket Set Amazon which comes with a 3 layered MLS head gasket.

Auto part Circle Fashion accessory Metal Tool

Reading about it from their website, it seems they recommend a smooth surface, with an RA finish of like 50 FelPro RA

Well the block is still in the car and I can’t get it resurfaced professionally so I was thinking of getting a Composite Gasket which I hear are more forgiving with the install surfaces. I might install it wet with a Copper Silicone Spray for peace of mind.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive air manifold

Problem is I can’t find any composite head gaskets for our 4G Eclipse.
All I find are for 2Gs, guess before they went MLS
ExtremePsi JNZ

For bolts I’m thinking ARP or a one time use like Mahle
Most of the ARP ones I see listed on the site are for 4G63 Engines ARP Mitsubishi

If anyone knows where to get a composite head gasket and which ARP bolts fit the 4G69, would be a big help.

ARP installations instructions list to tighten in three equal steps to 90 ft lbsTorque Instructions. This would make the install much easier, instead of having to torque, loosen, retorque, then do the 90 degree crap twice.

2006 Eclipse GS
4G69 Stock Engine

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, sounds good. I’m going to go MLS too, I mean I already have it and I can’t find composite anyway.
You installed them dry or did you add anything like the Permatex Copper High Temperature Spray A Gasket Sealant?

I’ll grab a set of the ARP head studs for now. I was thinking of changing the injectors. I have an Injen Intake now, if I get the GT throttle body, which I plan on next, changing injectors to something with better flow will make sense. I’ll let you know when I’m ready. Cheers.

I've run MLS gaskets without leaks about a dozen times on engines I cleaned the head surface on with a razor blade

And yeah, I can sell the ARP head studs, but somehow Summit sells them significantly cheaper than wholesale. I promise you, these are the ones. I'd sold several sets of them in kits in the past before ARP jacked up the wholesale cost, and you'll find them in almost every 4G69 with a turbo.

When you want rods/pistons/injectors, let me know and I'll get you the best price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts