Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006+ Manifold w/Cat

Hi everybody!

I am inquiring about manifold w/Cats, mine recently failed inspection (according to a P0420 code incl. two other codes) and I reaaallyyy need to buy a used one. Can't afford A/M at this time. Please let me know!! :ndance:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The technician printed out the following codes:
P0431 - Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)
P0421 - Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)
P0031 - Blank
P0138 - O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

He mentioned the system has to be replaced completely. I've been considering doing the good ol' P0421 perm fix, but then again this is my one ride and I don't trust myself to get too involved in this. Got my kid coming in about 5 months so I need to get this fixed and back on the road for good ^_^

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,973 Posts
How many miles? It's seeming like your cats are fucked for sure. Has the light been on for a long time?

EDIT: I have a manifold under my deck, but it's pretty rusted and has ~140,000km on it.

Another option, you may be able to get a reflash to get rid of the lights while you save up some money to do it right. I think Hackish can do that for you, I don't think he charges the same as an actual tune. I can get you his email if you wanna look into that. You will need a $170 cable though

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car has 260K Km/162K original Miles. I would absolutely love to purchase a reflash; unfortunately I am at a bit of a rut here and have no money at this time :\ I wicked appreciate the help though, Sabertooth!

·
Inspiring car tuner
150 Posts
I have oem headers with roughly 5000 miles on them from a 09 GT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.