Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was trying to use my heat this morning and it only blew cold air. Every time I turn the temperature knob there is this buzzing right behind the radio. I don’t know anything about HVAC and heater cores. If anyone has any guesses, it would be appreciated.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,959 Posts
I tried to look for them. Not sure if I’m right, but are they the two hoses that go into the firewall towards the steering wheel?
Those are the heater core ones, which I'd argue is most important in this case and probably what InheritedGT was talking about

·
Basically Stock
7,959 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Basically Stock
7,959 Posts
"Air mixing damper" seems to be the Mitsu name for blend door. There's a handful of related chassis codes that can be thrown related, but you'll need a special scan tool to see which it is exactly that is your fault.

Unfortunately my normal sources don't seem to list the parts. At that point I'd be looking for a junkyard unit.

Page 202 gets into the blend door motor. My experience when I removed a couple of these units was that removing the dash is probably going to save more time than trying to struggle and reach in there with it in place. Removing the dash is intimidating, but it's just the same simple task over and over again. Just time consuming. The tweeters are in my opinion the hardest thing to remove. Be sure to disconnect the battery before doing this however, as the passenger airbag needs to be disconnected during the process.

Anyone who can change a wheel can do this job. It just takes the confidence to keep moving forward, a 10mm socket on a ratchet, and I think a 12mm wrench by memory.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Air mixing damper" seems to be the Mitsu name for blend door. There's a handful of related chassis codes that can be thrown related, but you'll need a special scan tool to see which it is exactly that is your fault.

Unfortunately my normal sources don't seem to list the parts. At that point I'd be looking for a junkyard unit.

Page 202 gets into the blend door motor. My experience when I removed a couple of these units was that removing the dash is probably going to save more time than trying to struggle and reach in there with it in place. Removing the dash is intimidating, but it's just the same simple task over and over again. Just time consuming. The tweeters are in my opinion the hardest thing to remove. Be sure to disconnect the battery before doing this however, as the passenger airbag needs to be disconnected during the process.

Anyone who can change a wheel can do this job. It just takes the confidence to keep moving forward, a 10mm socket on a ratchet, and I think a 12mm wrench by memory.
Alrighty. I appreciate all you guys. I’ll definitely look around for the part, but salvaged eclipses are a little hard to come by. Thank you again

·
Registered
149 Posts
I skimmed through the tearstone manual to see if saw anything that looked helpful/related to the parts diagram. I think you have the inside/outside air mixer damper picked out?
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Diagram

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
I can give some insight on the dash as I removed it to replace it with one not so banana dashed. It’s a pain in the ass, but it does NOT come out easily with the steering wheel in place. I got it to fit by modifying it and squeezing the side where the steering wheel was. The tweeters were pretty easy for me to remove other than the wiring, and the proximity/security LED will probably get ripped out also (I had them both break on both cars).

take your time and take pictures. I had a hell of a time getting the airbag out of the first car, but it was simple and easy once I knew how it came out. Unplug the airbag and make sure the battery is disconnected.

good luck, if you need help, you can always DM me or post here and I’ll see it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts