Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
326 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Jackie 
#1 ·
Hello.

My name is Jasmin, i am 27 years old and i come from Berlin, Germany (so im really sorry for my bad english, it wasnt the best school subject :rofl: ).
I have a completed education as car mechanic. So i try to do everything by myself on my cars.
Or at least with some help from my bf. He is also car mechanic.

I've got an Opel Corsa B as daily and a 4G Eclipse with the 3,8l GT engine.
Its a 2006 model with about 70,000 miles and automatic transmission.

But :ttiwwp: :D

Everything is original and im proud of it. Just the front bumper and the head lamps wasnt original when i bought it.
Head lamps are original now. A friend helps me modifying the aftermarket lamps with LEDs, since you see nothing with them. Maybe i will post pictures when its done :)

And be easy in your mind. I dont want to install a turbo or everything else.
I love the car just how it is. I love the power. Its enough for Berlin and for the BMWs or Mercedes we have here most. And i dont want to make races. Just having fun about see that guys saying 'wtf is that car?' :jawdrop: The eclipse is very rare here :mecry:
And i really, really LOVE that music center. Its the original Rockford Fosgate with 500W subwoofer :peace:

This year i have to change the timing belt kit, since nobody can tell me when it was changed last time :bash: and she will get a new painting in sunset pearl orange. Its still the original painting and its very bad. The clear varnish starts to come off. (Is this general :confused2: )
Otherwise she is in a good condition and i hope i will maintain that :D

Oh wait, i lied. The Eclipse is far too high. So it have to be a coilover kit after finishing maintenance and i would love to get the original spoiler.

See less See more
#2 ·
Btw i own the Eclipse since 2015 and i had nothing to do until now. Just changing oil, oil filter and oil again. Nobody told me, 5w20 is serious. I took 10w40 first time (standard good oil here).
And i am really happy someone showed me how to connect my mobile phone with original radio.

#4 ·
Welcome Jasmin, great car! I definitely recommend getting coilovers, and a rear sway bar too. The Eclipse must be super rare in Berlin, wow!

#6 · (Edited)
I've got the full service manual for the 2006 GT. Hope its enough. Else i will ask you, thanks.

Yes, its very rare here :D Just saw 1 before in Berlin and 1 at Mitsubishi meetings

I just saw that my Eclipse includes the Premium sport package. But my door mirrors arent heatable and the rear view mirror isnt dimmable

#7 ·
Ahh, another terracotta sunset! Wilkommen!

Glad you like the Fosgate. Glad you like the car! I imagine the car is quite the head-turner over there, considering it's not one ever sold in the EU.

As far as heated mirrors, the '09s and up do have them. You might be able to get it through a used car part dealer or through eBay. (I'm sure you can figure out the wiring.) Rear view mirror should be "dimmable" if you have the Premium package - check if you have three buttons under the mirror housing. The middle button, if depressed, causes the mirror to dim automatically when headlights from behind you are glaringly bright.

As for ideas or perhaps novelty... maybe a road trip to Nuernburg to see this guy: :)

Jalopnik: The Ultimate Secret Stash Of Mitsubishis Is Hidden In This Small German Town

#8 ·
Since my car is a happy car and dont need to see snow or winter, i dont need heatable mirrors :D
And the rear view mirror have three buttons, but it doenst dim. There is no wire, which ends in the mirror, even there is a place for. Maybe thats why?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.