1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

It’s an 07 SE with 130k miles.Just got it today. Wanted to say hi to the community for these awesome machines.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts
Welcome to the club. GS is it?

I bought one as my first car years back as well, loved it. Just be sure to keep an eye on maintenance items. That car for example should be on its third timing belt pretty soon if everything was done on time. If you don't have a record of it being done, get it done/do it ASAP. If the belt snaps, you'll need a new engine, or a very involved rebuild.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the club. GS is it?

I bought one as my first car years back as well, loved it. Just be sure to keep an eye on maintenance items. That car for example should be on its third timing belt pretty soon if everything was done on time. If you don't have a record of it being done, get it done/do it ASAP. If the belt snaps, you'll need a new engine, or a very involved rebuild.
Yeah it has the 4 cylinder engine. And the belt was replaced 30,000 miles ago so it should be ok for a while. For future reference though, I would need to Jack up the car to change the belt right?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,581 Posts
Yeah it has the 4 cylinder engine. And the belt was replaced 30,000 miles ago so it should be ok for a while. For future reference though, I would need to Jack up the car to change the belt right?
Yes. And remove the passenger wheel, the water pump pulley, upper and lower timing covers, serpentine belt, serpentine belt tensioner, serpentine belt idler pulley, crankshaft pulley, timing belt tensioners, timing belt idler, and optimally do the water pump while in there (due 20,000 later).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet looking ride, welcome to the site! Do you have any mod plans for it?
Not really sure. It’s going to hopefully be my daily for the foreseeable future so I don’t want to do anything too absurd to it. Maybe just a tune and some coilovers (If that would even improve anything)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. And remove the passenger wheel, the water pump pulley, upper and lower timing covers, serpentine belt, serpentine belt tensioner, serpentine belt idler pulley, crankshaft pulley, timing belt tensioners, timing belt idler, and optimally do the water pump while in there (due 20,000 later).
Ah, great thank you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks so clean, I wish my exterior looked like that lol mines the same color but it’s the GT And the paint has faded in some parts with a couple dents (one is from my step-brother Bc he’s an ass) you should also check the coolant to see if the dealer put the wrong stuff in like mine did

1 - 8 of 8 Posts