Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am don't have much experience in cars, but I am looking to buy a 4G and need some advice if I may ask, because I fell in love with these cars. Now first of all, sad story is I am from Eastern Europe (Lithuania) and the selection of these cars are very, very minimal. Basically every country around has like 2-5 cars on sale. In my country there are two cars I found:

I checked both of these cars VIN codes and both of them came from US. Ofcourse the mileage is fake and both of the cars had this 'lovely' status in their vehicle history - Junk and Salvage, but I can't find any specific information about the type of damage these cars had.

What do you guys think, should I even bother looking into these?

·
2,690 Posts
They’re prob junk and salvage because thats how they ended up in a country where they weren’t sold originally anyway, probably wrecked, salvage title, taken to insurance wholesale auction, and someone overseas will pick it up cheap, fix it, and not care about the title anyway because their country doesn’t care about the original US title

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,168 Posts
They’re prob junk and salvage because thats how they ended up in a country where they weren’t sold originally anyway, probably wrecked, salvage title, taken to insurance wholesale auction, and someone overseas will pick it up cheap, fix it, and not care about the title anyway because their country doesn’t care about the original US title
They could just as well be gray market. A fair number were sold in Germany

As for both, just be aware it's going to be tough getting parts for them and finding people with experience working on a 4G. Both are GS Auto as well, so be aware they aren't good for racing, or modifying to make much power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I guess I will have to postpone this idea, maybe try to look elsewhere... Love the looks of this car, but pretty concerned about low quality interior and road noise. Manual would be awesome as well. One last question about fuel consumption. If I drive normally, not accelerating much, is there a big difference between GS and GT?

·
2,690 Posts
GS is more reliable and easier to work on, important if you’re in an area where there aren’t many parts or people knowing how to work on them?

·
Registered
61 Posts
i wouldnt recommend buying an auto gs if you are going to mod it, or for these prices. But it's your money and if you want it you can buy it, but imo the gs auto is a good daily if you can find them in cheap and good condition, but modding gs auto is a bad idea (only my own opinion) try to find a gs manual or a gt manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wouldnt recommend buying an auto gs if you are going to mod it, or for these prices. But it's your money and if you want it you can buy it, but imo the gs auto is a good daily if you can find them in cheap and good condition, but modding gs auto is a bad idea (only my own opinion) try to find a gs manual or a gt manual.
Yeah, I was trying to find a manual in Europe, but I'm starting to lose hope, because every car I find and check VIN code, there is a junk status. Sad story. But thanks guys, at least I have an idea what to look for. I really appreciate your help

·
Registered
61 Posts
maybe you could find a cheap focus st mk2 or a mazda 6 mps for around the same price? im not sure about european car sales tho, but putting in time to travel farther for a better deal might be a good idea, maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts