Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 2011 Eclipse Spyder GS with a leaky top (just finished patching with flex seal fingers crossed), which I learned the hard way, has a very fast leak. I didn't know it leaked until its first day of rain and my carpet and headliner was soaked. I dried what I could reach but the carpet under the seats were too tight to fit a towel in. They are very damp and has created a musty mildew smell that smacks you in the face when you open the door.

I read how you have to disconnect the battery before disconnecting the SRS system plugs from beneath the seats, but I am not sure how long I should wait after disconnecting the battery or if I should run the electronics until the battery is drained then unplug the SRS plug.

Please if I could get some advice from someone who has removed their seats temporarily. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
372 Posts
When I removed my seats to clean my carpets, I just disconnected the battery and tried to turn the car on a few times, lights and such. Some say to let the car rest with lights on (With battery disconnected) for an hour but electronics are weird and it can trigger the SRS Airbag light. If you drain the power from the electronics, you should be fine when you unplug your under seat plugs.

Make sure to plug them all back in before you reattached the battery or you'll get the SRS Airbag light that requires a more advanced car diagnostic tool than the $10 Amazon one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts