Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Here's How Mitsubishi is Giving Peace of Mind During COVID-19

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  fathanmedium 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Nope... Hyundai would be the way for people in our demographic. They use the older Mitsubishi patents from their glory days. Mitsubishi sold them all off. A Genesis Coupe would be the logical step if we wanted something newer. Mitsubishi makes nothing that appeals to the sports car 4G 6G engine demographic

#4 ·
Current sports cars that interest me that are still being produced are the Subaru STi and the Tesla performance models

I liked the Ford Focus RS/ST but they got rid of those, and missed their opportunity for an electric Mustang by making it an SUV instead...

#5 ·
Nothing Tesla does does anything for me. So much of it is hype, and the build quality is also trash. Have you seen what the spoilers on the model X do when driving down the highway? They flap. Then from owners, the reviews are very poor as well.

Then, being in Canada, they aren't built to survive our climate. They have massive battery issues, don't do anything close to as advertised, and the numbers on them are skewed to make them look good. They aren't a good electric car, and they aren't a good car overall. If I wanted a luxury car with torque down low that'll break down, I'd buy an old Buick or Lincoln and have all the same features, without having to add a bunch I don't like. Plus, up here, infrastructure isn't there. I've seen 1 Tesla charging station ever. The only reason they sold is because of the tax credits and hype. They're an awful car

The Impreza has the classic boxer engine problems they've always had, and has never grown up. Narrow powerband, low fuel economy, low reliability, low thermal efficiency, low volumetric efficiency. If they at least could do it with the exhaust coming out the bottom, they'd fix their VE issues. But, they don't. So it's an engine that needs to rev high to make power, that has a head design for low revs. That gives you narrow powerband inefficient motor that needs a ton of boost thrown at it to do much of anything, leading to high cylinder temperatures and pressures, wanting to lift heads. That's not to say I don't like them, it's just that they are quite a bad engine design.

#8 ·
You have to admit they’re doing pretty good for being a start up car company when everybody kept saying they’d never make it

Elon is a great guy and his SpaceX is doing great things to

Their cars aren’t really all that bad as people claim, the X had door issues, some had body panel gap issues and some paint issues

The X definitely had the most issues, an S or 3 is probably the best bet

#9 ·
Mitsu disappointed me badly when they brought the Eclipse Cross. Funny cause my favorite car when i was younger was Jeep's Grand Cherokee. But my dream car has always been a 2G Eclipse. I hated the fact they took the name of a great car and just made a weird rear Outlander out of it. Still i cant help but wonder if it's another hidden gem for us to find... any idea what engine it has and if it's parts are interchangable with our 4G69? Turbo?

#10 ·
Being a start up company, and having massive stock values doesn't make it a good car. It means they have a lot of hype, and people think the mindset towards the company will keep growing. Stock values are based in belief, not reality.

And they wouldn't be so bad if they were half the price. But they're not, so for the market position, they're trash. As a car in general, they're bad.

Are you asking about the 2g, or the Outlander? 2g uses a 4G63 7 bolt, but reverse of the 7 bolt Evo which our engine is based off of. And outlanders use a 4G69 with different intake and exhaust manifolds. Its basically a lancer ralliart

#11 ·
My wife had her loan payments deferred 120 days on her Outlander PHEV through this program. Thanks Mitsubishi!

#13 ·
Gotcha. A quick search, I found that the 4B40 motor has offset wrist pins, which I don't recall our pistons having. Forged rods though, so that's neat from the factory. Low stroke too. Sadly, very low bore, so pistons are out. Rod length is unknown, but with the offset wrist pins those are out.

It's 3 families of engine removed from the 4G69. Bearings are likely the same, as a guess. Crankshaft maybe as well (but you'd need longer rods with a lower stroke, and could easily go Evo crankshaft)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.