Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I am a long time enthusiast of this car. In 2010 I bought a 2007, 4cl (40K on it) and still holding it. Its my "project". I looking forward to know more about a "chip", if have some for mine. I have air intake, lowered suspension and I am ready to do some painting... So, about the chip? If someone know about that please, contact-me.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there arnt any chips out there for our car. We are extremely limited on our tuning choices. You can get in contact with Michael (aka Hackish) who owns his own company called Fastworks and he can reflash your cars ECU. Or there is another gentlemen (Stayer) in Russia who also does ECU reflashes. The last option is getting a AEM F/IC which manipulate the your factory ECU.

Your best bet is going with Michael's Fastworks tuning. But in all honesty you dont need a tune with the mods your running. A reflash will give you some extra power by its self (maybe 30hp maybe). If you were running a intake with headers and a 2.75in header back with no cats then I would say go ahead, but with just a intake you might wanna wait.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,054 Posts
A reflash will NOT give 30hp gain right now. More likely in the 10hp area. AEM FI/C is probably the worst tuning option available for the 4g Eclipse. You'll pay way more, and it won't have near the features you get with Fastworks

Also, try and avoid 2.75" exhaust on a GS unless you're running some form of forced induction like nitrous, supercharger, turbo. 2.5" is plenty, 2.25" would be nicer on the streets

1 - 3 of 3 Posts