Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my name is dusty im 25 and i recently got a 07 eclipse it has a v6 3.8l automatic. i found the forum by googling what type of antifreeze i needed and
it took me to a thread on here talking about it. My 07 is not my 1st eclipse i also had a 1995 gs but it died on me a while back. if there is anything i need to know about owning a eclipse that would help me feel free to let me know.

·
1,975 Posts
Any antifreeze will work in this car, nothing fancy, generic green coolant will work, just don’t mix different kinds without flushing first

Get the timing belt serviced, this is an interference engine and if the belt blows your engine does too

Do water pump and thermostat with your timing belt kit, recommend a really good mechanic to do this

Do spark plugs, accessory belt, and all fluids change as well

·
Basically Stock
5,688 Posts
Welcome to the club. It's standard maintenance on these really, they're quite reliable. Kyle is the scary welcoming party so I don't have to be!

It's solid advice though, and should be taken. The timing belts on these often get skipped being changed on time, much like any car with a timing belt. Except unlike a VW timing belt, when it says 100,000 miles, it means 100,000 not "eh, 200,000 is probably ok too"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, thanks for the advice. and the water pump and accessory belt was recently changed. im at 161k miles right now i will look into the timing belt and plugs asap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts