Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I think it's about time I made a "Ride thread"!

I got my eclipse in June 2012.

I think I'll call her Luna.

I found this site shortly after getting her, but pretty much just lurked and learned. I caught "the bug" immediately, however, lack of funds and the fact that I was moving away to University in the fall didnt allow any actual mods or projects to happen for a long time. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to bring my car with me to the city, so it sat at home in the driveway, at the hands of my younger sister for most of the year... :(

Over the summer, I quickly discovered the lack of aux plugs, and therefore a growing desire for a head unit developed.

I installed it myself when I was home for Christmas break in my first year of Uni.

-Installed and working! :D

The rest of the school year went by...and so did summer, without doing anything to her. I actually was out working in Alberta from June-August so again we were apart. Then September came around and back to school I went. Eventually, I decided I wanted new rims, and after looking for quite a while I ordered some, and picked them up when I went back home for Thanksgiving this year.

-Enkei Lusso (18x9.5)

However, they are bigger than my old rims, which were going to get winter tires, so I planned to wait to put them on untill spring when I would get new summer tires (I needed new ones anyways, old ones were getting pretty smooth)

Then, I realized what I wanted to do: headlights. I got the headlights them self for Christmas, shipped to my Gf's house in the US, I picked them up visiting her place over break! Then I ordered halos, HID kit, and projectors! Currently everything is sitting in my basement at home and Im itching to write my last exam and go home to hook them up! :biggrin:

Finally, my new summer tires were ordered and my mom sent me a some pics of Luna with her new rims and tires! I cant wait to get back home to her ;)

Freshly washed

and.... she sent me this yesterday... WHY WONT WINTER LEAVE!?! :mecry:

Ive already got a couple more ideas, but I will keep you posted with picks when I get my lights intalled!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice, gratz on graduation aswell!

It's funny because I didn't get aything for graduation because "Why would we reward you with something you're supposed to do..?"
but I digress.. haha

Great start on the ride, as far as appearing spoiled, you'll never beat that one kid who's parents bought him a really riced out body kit P.O.S and paid for a bunch of engine mods and was just a straight dickhole. haha

Wttc/sweet ride mann

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, gratz on graduation aswell!

It's funny because I didn't get aything for graduation because "Why would we reward you with something you're supposed to do..?"
but I digress.. haha

Wttc/sweet ride mann

No, i agree, I really didnt expect it, but I guess cuz I was moving to the city and I was thinking of getting a car anyways, that was just when they decided to surprise me. haha maybe i shouldn't have said spoiled, it doesnt sound right, but yeah...

And what about that other guy? haha havnt heard of that story!

Thanks for the "congratulations"s, but that was 2 years ago, Im finished my second year of University now, but thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
No, i agree, I really didnt expect it, but I guess cuz I was moving to the city and I was thinking of getting a car anyways, that was just when they decided to surprise me. haha maybe i shouldn't have said spoiled, it doesnt sound right, but yeah...

And what about that other guy? haha havnt heard of that story!

Thanks for the "congratulations"s, but that was 2 years ago, Im finished my second year of University now, but thanks guys! :)
I forget the guys name, but he came in here just acting like a straight dickhole haha

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I hadnt updated, but this past Sunday (I think...) I installed my HID Halo lights... but things didnt really go smoothy.

The drivers side low beam didnt come on all the time and when I would turn the lights off or switch to high beams and back it wouldnt always come back on. I still dont know what was wrong, and I dont think its a wiring issue (on my part) beacause there were initally times everything was good, but recently it seems to be working ok so IDK, we'll see...

Also the passenger side halos dont come on, but Im pretty sure thats just those crappy splicers they gave :s I havnt really had time to look and things or fix them lately though.

I put some pictures up later though :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
nice rims, although the tires you chose for them dont work well with the look imo. Wayyyy to much tire. You need like a 235/40/18 tire on those at the very least, and a drop to get rid of the wheel gap...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice rims, although the tires you chose for them dont work well with the look imo. Wayyyy to much tire. You need like a 235/40/18 tire on those at the very least, and a drop to get rid of the wheel gap...
I dont think they look bad, they seem like thick enough tires for me. Much smaller and they would be really low profiles! Haha and im more about functionality, especially with the terrible roads we have out here... :/

As far a lowering, maybe someday. Suspension cost $$$, which as a university student, I dont really have much of.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Over Christmas break I got a block heater installed... or rather an oil heater. Apparently they dont make a block heater for our cars, but living in Canada, the -30C winters (not including wind chill) are not very friendly to my car haha. She had never not started before, alough i didnt really drive it the past 2 winters, but it sounds a lot better starting cold now.

This spring I'm planning on FINALLY getting a CAI!

And I also have yet to install the HID relay, but for a while the lights seemed to be working fine, but now since its gotten cold they are acting up again... :/

·
4G Noob
82 Posts
Well, good luck on the CAI and the HIDs. I know what your winters are like for the most part, spent most of my life in michigan, hated it!

The tires and wheels look sick in my opinion, keep it up and keep us posted man!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, Its been a while since I updated with pics!

First off, a couple weeks back, a friend of mine had come left over PlastiDip and let me try it out. Originally I just wanted to see what the bumper would look like and if I liked it I would eventually get it painted, BUT I actually really like the look of it how it was. I only just barely got 3 layers sprayed with what was left in the can, and stone and what-have-you have already caused the plasti dip to chip/rip and It was a quick job that I wasnt being a perfectionist at, but I think I will rip it off and do a real job of it!

Bumper PlastiDipped 1

Bumper PlastiDipped 2

And this week I finally got into see an HID guy in my city about my lights that have been a problem pretty much since I got them. Turns out 1 bulb and one balast were shot, and they were very cheep and poor quality anyways. He only carries Morimoto parts so we got everything fixed but it was $$$!! At least its all working now and the quality and light output of my head lights now are amazing! And they switch on and off instantly, which was a problem before (they took a few seconds to warm up.) They only downside is when ever the engine is running, the low beams cant be turned off, but thats no biggie! :D Also 2 year warranty!

Ill take some pictures tonight of the lights working!

Bonus Picture: There was an unreal sunset in the city the other night so I had to take a pic. I only had my phone but its really nice!

Sunset Pearl

1 - 20 of 23 Posts