Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this whirling hight pitched noise coming from the rear end area. I heard it once on Thursday going to work and it was from me.starting my car and then started driving and it stopped when I went to.pu out of my apartments. Now it does it as I go from a stop light and pull in slow to home depot. It did it for the same amount of time Maybe a little longer. And it stopped as I pulled into a parking spot. And it's not some metal clanking noise or something. It's a higher pitched whirling noise that seems to be coming from the back end . Reving my engine or putting it in neutral or accelerating doesn't effect it. I have had my 07 spyder gs for about 11 months with 80k and it has never made this
Sound before. I put 19inch rims on it about 2 weeks ago
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
. I did put a cold air intake about 5 months ago and a cat back exhaust about 4 months ago. Since the exhaust there are times when it seems not tight. Like metal rattling and other times when it's solid. Wondering if maybe the whirling noise is related? Please help.... thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
A whirling noise? I think it would be safe to not drive it on the road until everything is figured out.
The only problem I can assume is one of ur wheels rubbing on the strut, Or possibly your studs are stripped on either wheel. From what I’m understanding it is stripped studs, I had a similar problem on my front right and didn’t figure it out until my wheel snapped off while I was pulling in my driveway __

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The noise.isnt constant and I have only heard it the 2 times. It's so strange. Checked the tires and rims for any ware spots and don't see any. I am by no means a mechanic so it's going in Wed to have it checked out. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts