Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to see who has the car with the highest miles... if i could get a general idea of how long my car will live, i wont be so depressed about the 10k i still owe on it with 81k miles on the odometer...

I'm not sure if the GT or the GS will last longer. obviously proper maintenance and not beating the s*it out of the engine/tranny also helps. :doh:

So that being said... who has the GT and GS with the highest miles???
And with the higher miles, has anybody HAD to do a engine or tranny swap because their old one failed? (not because you wanted a newer engine/tranny bc you were having problems).

Post your miles---> if KM please convert for us mathematicians :confused:

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have more than 100k its a GT 2008 jaja bought it like that from san antonio :/ guess it was mostrly highway miles though and the car is in perfect conditions u dont feel the miles jaja

·
REDLINE
1,362 Posts
91K On GT 6spd. Still on stock clutch. I drive pretty hard sometimes.

·
the GT
87 Posts
120k stock everythin but exhaust an intake :p

·
Registered
160 Posts
wow no where these miles on mine (( ... guess living on an island can only drive in circles ... lol ... 39k on 06 GT

·
Registered
935 Posts
120,000+ miles and only major change was the clutch

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
40k on my 07 GS

·
Registered
585 Posts
9000 miles on my 2012. I'll let you know in 5 years, I drive about 1.6k miles average per month

·
Load Toad
303 Posts
70k on my 06 gt. I dog it , no problems , intake exhaust mods

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
88k. Dog and zip around town all day long. Some brake problems and obvious exhaust. Mods in signature plus rre headers in a week.

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
Wow you make me feel like shit, I got 54,250 miles on my 09 gs:( I haaate it!!! But being in the army all you do is drive around post all day going to different spots where you have to train or have formation, and its FREAKIN annoying!!
alot of it was this year....i try to keep the miles low.

·
Dirty D
1,386 Posts
mines about to hit the 100k mark haha, 06 gt auto. transmission seems to be acting up though, not sure if i should flush the trans fluid? no other problems though

·
Dirty D
1,386 Posts
130k GT auto. Need to have the valves tuned but no major issues so far. Just keep up on preventive maintenance
what do you mean valves tuned? i thought only the 2.4 had to have the valves adjusted as maintenance?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'm at 230,000km :) around 140,000miles :) she is still stong other then the napa water pump. That has caused me to park her for a wee bit :( I have a modded gt :)

1 - 20 of 159 Posts