Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

101 - 120 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I've got an '07 GT as well with the manual transmission. It's pushing 109k kilometers, bone stock. My bank 1 sensor 1 O2 (the one tucked under the STB) burned out a few weeks ago and needed replacing. There's a slight coolant leak around the fill cap, although it looks to have been damaged by other means. Sometimes the idle drops and the car stalls on its own. I've had loose battery terminals cause a no crank situation before. The exhaust heat shield has loosened up and begun rattling during low RPM acceleration. Besides that, it's running well enough. No major concerns.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 07 6speed GT with 147k miles as my *hard* daily driver runs perfect. Just keeping up with general stuff like all fluids and belts and what not has helped me a lot I think.

·
Registered
43 Posts
244,000, had the cats go out sometime around 30K, routine maintenance, mainly spark plugs, timing belt, water pump, Gear oil changes, mostly at the recommended mileage. Drove the stock clutch to 170k!! w/o any noticeable slipping or other issues. Upgraded to spec stage 2+ with alluminum findaza flywheel (have 70K on that clutch now). Had the slave cylinder go out in the clutch around 205K. Other than that just minor suspension things, or issues caused by bad mechanical work, when I wasn't able to work on the car myself, nothing too serious though. Getting ready to swap in new motor and transmission soon! LSD, and custom Delta Camshaft head work. Car has TB bypass, injen intake, RRE magnaflo exhaust, RRE headers, third cat delete, the spec stage2+ clutch and findaza FW (thinking of going to stage 3 or 4 with swap), I recently sometime around 220K reflashed with hacksih software. Still runs pretty good, eats a lil oil though!

·
226 Posts
134,000 and dome change. Only issue was at 105 k my driver side transaxle broke. Was a cheap fix . It runs strong still I drive it pretty hard most of the time. Glad to hear I still got some time with this car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Over 100K on my '08 GS Spyder automatic. Only a water pump has needed replaced. Oh, and front rotors replaced as I drove it pretty hard on the Dragon's and Snake in NC.

Still runs like new.

·
Registered
62 Posts
just turned 7,000 miles on my 08 Gt Spyder. Should last sometime into the 23rd or 24th century. Of course that's at the driving pace of the previous owner. I plan to put the miles on a good bit faster, but just maybe I'll still be driving it when it's old enough to buy beer.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I get Gas Buddy alerts. When they come in, I'm usually filling up at a station within the hour (¢3/L off 91 @ Ultramars on Thursdays) weather I need gas or not. Have only seen the low fuel light twice since owning this car.

·
Basically Stock
5,824 Posts
I still work at a gas station, and gas buddy's alerts are BS 90% of the time. And oh god, the reasons on the radio they say for why fuel is going to go up later in the day, or why it suddenly drops... xD!!!!!!!

We had a gas sale, it caused a panic due to a "gas surplus", so sayeth the radio. My shift used to be the one where all the financial shit would come down from corporate, and I was the one they'd talk to 85% of the time. I used to play with a blind eye and bad hearing quite often.

Makes for a busy night when you're the cheapest within 200km by like, 20c... Fuck raising the price, I'd make phone calls to companies with fleets, and friends, lmfao

PS: Didn't know we had a low fuel light.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Lately, I've noticed Petro Canada screwing around with their prices. They typically cause the GB alerts when they jack up the liter by ~15 cents which throws everybody into a panic. Then an hour or two later, they drop it back down to what it was before. The next morning, every station's price is up. I prefer to go to Petro Canada because I have a points card and they reward double the points for filling up with premium. I'm about 2k points away from a $10 gas card that I really want. They're also the only ones I've seen to offer 94 octane. If I can't get to them, I try to get my gas fix at Ultramar for their Thursday special (Tuesdays they run a 'sale' on diesel). The manager at one of the stations near my place drives an orange 4G which I've complimented him on before.

101 - 120 of 159 Posts