Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  th3 salvy_516 
#1 ·
i didn't see this in the how to section so i took some pics while i did my emblem, I'm no paint expert so if you guys want to correct me, please do :bigthumb:

step 1: debadge your emblem using a hair dryer, i had trouble removing the emblem with dental floss so i carefully used a small screw driver to pry it out, aim the hair dryer at the edges and work your way around and the emblem will pop off

step 2: remove any adhesive left on the bumper or emblem and clean the area

step 3: sanding time :crunk: i used 80 grit sandpaper, might have been a little too rough, 220 might have been a better choice but whatever. keep sanding till the chrome is dull, faded, and non-reflective then i sanded again with 2000 grit sandpaper to smooth it out a bit more

step 4: i fucked up here, i got a random can of primer and applied two coats but i guess i didn't allow it to dry enough even though it felt dry and i should have used black, when i applied the paint coating it came out all messed up "/ so i had to sand the primer off and start over

step 5: spray 5-6 light coatings of paint horizontally and vertically, i let 10 min of drying time in between coats

step 6: spray 4-5 coats of clear coat horizontally and vertically, 10 min in between coats again

step 7: allow emblem to dry, and stick it back on with double sided tape

there is rain in the forecast for tomorrow so i didn't put my emblem back on, i rather let it dry for 24 hours ill put it back on monday and post the pic then but it came out great :wiggle:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.