Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
FDLFDH
709 Posts
I just did this today, and I have a few comments.

I found everything at radioshack. I used a 20w 8 ohm resistor. I searched for days and couldn't find a kit. Every auto parts store thought I was crazy hahaha. They acted like I was looking for a bag of wizardry.

So I wired my everything to your diagram, and I discovered that you have your wired crossed. The solid green wire is supposed to go to the green/silver wire, and the red wire is supposed to the green/yellow wire. everything else was correct.

Has no one else tried this?

·
DILLIGAF?
340 Posts
I just found the exact same ones pictures in the OP at Autozone. The people there weren't sure but they pointed me to the electrical aisle. I found them because of this post with that picture. Then they wanted to know what it was for and I gave a shout out to club4g.org. Thanks JDub!!! This website is awesome!!! I would have never known there was an issue with these tail lights if it weren't for this thread and how to fix it.

·
All Black Everything
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
^^ Glad to be of help :)

...and to those who are wondering, I have had these on my car for almost a year now, no issues at all. So the resistors definitely work. If your TCL light happens to come on again, it may have to do with another problem. (For example, I just installed a new double-din last week, and I hooked up 1 wire wrong, and BAM.... TCL light was on after that. The damn ECU system in our cars are very sensitive.)

·
DILLIGAF?
340 Posts
So I did this while doing my install and the cruise control still doesn't work and the TCL and swerve symbol are on. WTF??? I've never used those types of splicers so maybe I didn't do it right. Will check it out tomorrow when it's daylight. And I thought I was smart for doing this during the initial install. Grrrrrrr.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
DILLIGAF?
340 Posts
Ok so I fixed the problem. There is a metal piece in the middle of the splicers. They must be really pushed in with a set of pliers in order to cut into the wire and actually splice. I just pushed them together at first with my fingers until the clicked into place. JDub will you add this to the OP for people like me that don't know anything about electricity and splicing. After reconnecting the car battery everything was back to normal. Cruise control and all worked again!!!

·
All Black Everything
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yea sure, I will add that. Although, I could have sworn it said that in the instructions of the resistor pack, hehe :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hi guys,

I made it and it works, but I want to know, how do you do resistor does not touch anything? I afraid it touch the wires, and it get burn.
For anyone else with this question this is what I did...ignore the wiring I'm no electrician. :facepalm:

I made a heat-shield-sushi with some insulator material I was using for my hood. :cool2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone have a problem where the car runs like complete crap after installing the resistor?

I installed the same resister from autozone as originally posted. After completed install cruise and TCL all work fine now but now the car revs real high and has no power whats so ever.
I take resister off the car runs fine. but TCL and cruise do not work.

I do have the wires tapped in correctly Red/Black on resistor. Ugh!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Anyone have a problem where the car runs like complete crap after installing the resistor?

I installed the same resister from autozone as originally posted. After completed install cruise and TCL all work fine now but now the car revs real high and has no power whats so ever.
I take resister off the car runs fine. but TCL and cruise do not work.

I do have the wires tapped in correctly Red/Black on resistor. Ugh!
Nope! Mine is running like a champ...that sounds like a question for some one smarter than me, but I thought I'd reassure you that I haven't had any problems like that with mine. Sure it's not just you stressing out? I've heard perfectionist complain after every mod they do that something feels different...Just say'n.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yea I know its not just a mod feel.

The RPM guage revs up to 5-6K and the car moves like a snail I timed 45-50 seconds to get up to 60 MPH. It feels almost like being in 6th gear when you should be in 1st taking off. Literally have to be pedal to the medal to even *crawl* up to 60-70.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts