Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just did this today, and I have a few comments.

I found everything at radioshack. I used a 20w 8 ohm resistor. I searched for days and couldn't find a kit. Every auto parts store thought I was crazy hahaha. They acted like I was looking for a bag of wizardry.

So I wired my everything to your diagram, and I discovered that you have your wired crossed. The solid green wire is supposed to go to the green/silver wire, and the red wire is supposed to the green/yellow wire. everything else was correct.

Has no one else tried this?
I am getting ready to do this but whats the verdict on the correct wiring?

·
UV Blue Crew
7,550 Posts
yea I know its not just a mod feel.

The RPM guage revs up to 5-6K and the car moves like a snail I timed 45-50 seconds to get up to 60 MPH. It feels almost like being in 6th gear when you should be in 1st taking off. Literally have to be pedal to the medal to even *crawl* up to 60-70.
sounds like something is sending your car into limp mode. That is really strange. And definitely not good. My car did the same thing when I had a major air leak. But obviously that isn't your problem. the resistors must be causing the ecu to go into limp mode but not sure how. I'd suggest leaving them off until someone can help u.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I am getting ready to do this but whats the verdict on the correct wiring?
What you quoted worked for me. So the diagram is wrong and needs to be updated.

What I did was... did the wiring and then before I closed the tail light back up I tested it so I wouldn't have to take it out again if it was booty. That way if the wiring was wrong I could just flip and reverse it, ti esrever dna pilf. :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the info. I bought the load resistors at O'Reilly's (same one in the pic) Jam straight 625-LE and installed it. My TCL light and skid light went off, thanks!. I also made a seal, going to do a better one with liquid electrical tape soon. and I covered my wires with High-Temp foil tape so they don't melt on the resistor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any reason to believe...

... that this will or won't work with an '11?

I'm having the same ESC and Cruise issues.

I ended up having the dealer look at it (techs at a repair shop where I had them installed while the front end was getting sorted out, due to a jerk who took a left from the right in front of me though it might be a faulty "stop sensor" in/around the brake pedal"), and they're convinced that there is corrosion in the LED light assembly, due to poor seals, and thus arcing.

Personally, I'd rather try the resistor than immediately buy (more) new lights.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The diagram on this post is correct for the wiring. Ill start by saying the quality of the spec-d tail lights from auto city was pretty dissappointing. My stock light bulbs didn't even go in correct and some of the holes needed extra attention to them. The motherboard on the tail lights is garbage. I ended up direct wiring to the resistors and back to the car connecter. I found that the resistor gets extremley hot and didnt feel safe leaving it inside the tail light compartment. I ended up making a bracket inside the rear bumper and extending the wires for it to work. ITs only day 1 but its been running smooth. I used lamin-x tint which was another let down in my opinion. Very difficult to work with in the least. On a positive note the LED tail lights does look very sharp. If anybody has questions feel free to shoot me a message.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my traction control light came on yesterday and i had no idea why until i got on the site and was doing some looking around and figured out it was because i installed led tails the day before and went to auto parts store and bought load resistors and no light since.. thanks for the write up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Troubleshooting Advice: This is amazing, thank you. I wanted to let other people know that I have a 2009 and in my car it was red wire to green and yellow. I am not sure if other people experienced this, but I wanted to let you guys know. It worked and my light has been off for a week. I have someone in NJ that can install this for cheap if anyone needs. They did great work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was so excited to get my cruse control up and running. . . I put on some after market let tail lights about a year ago. NO cruse control since then. When we put the light in at first we had the resistor, one end on the black and the other on the green. I wanted my cruse control back so I fixed it to the red wire. It still does not work, but my check engine light is off. thoughts? is there a cruse control fuse? Do resistor go bad?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Theres a possibility that the resistor went bad depending on how well it was installed. Im going on about 1 year, with cruise control working and haven't had any problems. Also check the plug and play connectors and make sure you still have copper coating on them, otherwise that could be possibly the problem to.

·
Da Clip$e
124 Posts
so i know this thread is old but i do not have any of these lights being thrown but some of the led's are only being like half lit so not all are lighting up. and only some are bight others are pretty dim. What i did was just cut the ends that you just slide into one another the male and female end and just directly twisted them together after cutting those plastic things off to make sure all of the wires were connecting. but not all of the lights are coming up. :( does that mean that the LED bulbs are burnt out? or could it be a wiring thing because some are just not FULLY lit? I dont know

41 - 60 of 73 Posts