Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Jesus Magic! *thread revival! *

Sooooo what exactly is the proper "resistance" i need? One wqs mentioned in this thread but it seemed the member just guessed /picked at random....

Thank you for posting this thread btw if ur still alive and all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OOPs!!!

Well it kinda worked on my 07 Mitsu Spyder. blinks regular twice, then back to flicker. Still no cruise and no top down. Just glad the top was up when I installed the lights originally. Life goes on tho and right now this is the worst problem I got so I'm still smiling!!!!:wiggle:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hook up mine like this on the back LED I hope it right and I hook up my Hola rings up at the front to so I hook the Hola ring in to the orange/green wire on the drivers side and I ground the black wire to the body and I hook up the white/green on the passenger side and the black wire to the ground in the wire harness something went wrong now my car will not start and all so my dash bord blinks and so does my running lights and my back LED blink as well as if i have my flashers on and my drivers windows stop working all so and I can't start my car. Just a thought would an alarm system on my car do all this by any chance or is there something else I am not aware of any help would be great and thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Worked for me

Hi, new member here and I joined because I wanted to say thanks for the info. A couple weeks ago I ran across a fair deal on at 2007 GT. Driving it home I noticed that I could not set the cruise control. I could turn the cruise control on but could I could not not set it to any specific speed. And then the "TCL OFF" light came on along with the antilock light (car skidding on the instrument panel. After a couple days of searching the net, I was just about to head off to purchase a $200 antilock diagnosis tool and then tear into the steering column to look for a loose wire. THEN I CAME ACROSS THIS POST yesterday, just in the nick of time. So today, I headed off to Autozone and purchased a kit for this.

Search: "LED Load Equalizer made by Sylvania".

After the install, cruise control is working and the "TCL OFF" and "Antilock Break Warning" lights are OFF and staying OFF. I would have never connected the tail lights installed by the previous owner WITHOUT THESE RESISTORS was causing all of these issues.

Thanks for the info it saved me a lot of unnecessary expenses and labor. Not to mention I probably would have broke something while trouble shooting each of these problems individually and not finding the cause.

BTW, there is a detailed youtube video to install these.

Search: "How To: Install LED Tail Lights + Load Equalizers on a 2006-2012 4th Generation Eclipse"

I would have provided the links to these but I guess I'm not allowed to, as this is my first post.

Anyway I am glad I ran across this, and it worked for me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This saved me $$$$ and time

Purchased a 2007 GT a week and half ago. On the way home with it, I noticed the cruise control didn't work and the "TCL OFF" and "ANTILOCK" lights came on in the instrument panel. Stopped for gas and the lists went out but came back on. Was looking to buy an ANTILOCK break diagnosis tool ($200) for the lights and getting ready to open the steering column to look for a loose/broken cruise control wire. Who knows what I would have broken doing that.

Turns out it was all due to the resistors not being used by the previous owner when he installed the HID tail lights.

Picked up the resistor kit at Autozone and installed the resistors that evening. All is good now. Great stuff.

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oops, yeah LED

Yeah LED Tails. They were installed by the previous owner so I wasn't too familiar them. Anyway, this thread saved me a lot for $$, time and headaches for the direction I was going to try to troubleshoot each the problems individually. I saw a YouTube video by member OrangeDeamon that goes into detail about getting to the tail lights and installing the resistors. Got it done in a couple hours and like magic all related problems were fixed. Now on to the thread for installing the spark plug non-foulers I picked up yesterday to get rid of the SES light caused by P0431/P0421 codes, that is until I install headers.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts