Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have been seeing alot of how do you install new speakers or remove the door panel so here is what I did a while ago.

ok well here is the tut im starting to work on.

First this was a close to 2hour thing for just the doors mainly cause well I was scared to hurt the car since I wanted this job to be perfect. and at this time its not even close so ya.

First are what you need.
a screw drive both - and +
10mm deep socket with an extender and a ratchet
something strong to undo the clips on the door panel

somethings you might want
wire cutter
electrical tape

or

something (i dont know what its called) but it makes the adapter fit into another adapter to go into a coax.

First I took out all the screws and where I thought would be screws. like in the normal areas.
2 on the out side of the panel.
1 on the cup where the air goes through.
1 where the door handle is.
next was the 10mm bolts on the door handle
so I poped off the cover and on both ends were 2 bolts.

Now undo all of the clips that are holding the door they are very hard to get off and looked strong so just get it off. By sliding something the a flat ended screw driver thats been taped so you dont scratch the car.

Now Just pull up you will have to swing the bottom of the panel away from the door just a tad and pull up. It will seem like you are stuck but after spending 15min loking for other bolts I found out that there isnt any so just pull UP.
Then disconnect the window/lock control wire from the door panel.

Next I took off the speakers it has foam around the side to keep the vib. down and is sticky so just take the flat ended screw driver and just pop it off.
Next I myself thought that it came as a coax so I didnt get the adapter so I ended up splicing the cables into coax. Both wires give a 12V + according to 3 multi meters so I to the Black and Blue wire with the White and Black and the Blue and White with the all White for both sides.

Now I took off the plastic adapter that mounts the 6x9 to the door and put the wire between the two mainly to keep things attached.

Then I hooked up the speakers.

Then once that was all done I turned the car on and listened to the music and because these were 3ways I had to turn the TREB way down to -6

Then I put the trim on.
First put where the window goes the weather inner strip on first and then things will fall/swing into place.
Now tighten the bolts not to tight but firm so you dont strip the plastic thats holding the screws.

and now you are done.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol no prob didnt know this was still up cool glad it helped.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow I bet if you do more of these you could make some money. Looking at this makes me feel comfortable in doing this setup. Very Detailed Good Job

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont have the car any more since i went to a 350z and a super charged dodge dakota. Not in it for the money. But thanks. I know u need to remove the seats, and the side panel is clipped in.

·
Woody
107 Posts
How do you like the sound from Pioneer?

One of my speakers is going out. Was thinking of doing the whole sound system with 1 company of speakers. was thinking of Pioneer for the whole sound.

Do you like your Pioneers? or would you rather get something else?

PM me back ASAP

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was told by audio performance shop and ppl in a forum agreed that our Stock sound system cant handle output of after market speakers and it would require modification / amplifier, etc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh and incase anyone is wondering the grey speaker cover on front door have 3 or 4 screws that go onto a plastic shaft, not really threads as the screws eat into the plastic and lock it in place. There are a bunch of other Plastic tabs, that obviously Mitsubishi bent and melted into place..... So if you do remove the cover, you WILL be gluing it back on... JB WELD is pretty good if you do decide to remove speakers..

·
Registered
23 Posts
It helped me a week ago. I installed dynamat in one of the doors so thank you!

Pro tip: there is an opening at the bottom of the panel where you can start removing the clips.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts