Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm trying to track down a thread or set of instructions that go over how to remove the reverse lockout. Originally, I remembered seeing these instructions for the TWM short throw for the 6-speed but it appears they've discontinued that product and the links to the original instructions are missing.

I wish to install an aluminum lockout ring and need to figure out how to take the OE reverse lockout off without completely destroying it. From what I can tell, I will have to reuse part of the original piece but I need to know how to get it off so I can figure out how to get my aluminum ring adapted to it.

If anyone can provide the original TWM short throw 6 speed instruction manual, which covers this process, or can link me to a thread with photos, I'd really appreciate it; I'm not finding anything through searches on the forums that are telling me what I need to do to get the old one off.

·
Ricer
2009 BMW 3-Series 335i Coupe
132 Posts
Reactions: #TampaEclipse

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is great, and terrible.

Thank you for finding this, I should have thought to use wayback. Great idea.

Unfortunately, it looks like there's some special tools required that only come with the shift kit. I'll have to find a way to do this job without those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts