Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm Excited for the GS to go back to daily driver duty. I'm not sure exactly what I'll do with it though. I'm torn between keeping it at the current height, or lifting it a few inches with bigger wheels. But I'm not so sure a high revving high boost low compression I4 race engine is the best choice for an offroader.

EDIT: Either way it's going AWD with the money from selling my current daily

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
64 Posts
Really excited to see these projects. Good luck man! I'll be following closely

·
Basically Stock
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thab
Really excited to see these projects. Good luck man! I'll be following closely
Thank you.

I'm really excited as well. Deciding what step 1 is, is the toughest. I figure I should start stripping the car that the parts are coming from. Buuuut I need to also do a thermostat on my TT and some oil changes before I get serious about the GTs

At least the GS is already turbo and has the built racing engine. I just finished a rebuild as well. So the motor is fresh and ready for some mileage. So far, it's been driven about 40 feet forward then 20 back, lol.

·
Basically Stock
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice rx8 in the background
Thanks. It's getting a Chevy V8 (probably an iron block truck 5.3) mounted back by the firewall and a 4 speed Corvette manual trans. It'll be my friends answer to my mid engine Eclipse. Currently I'm just providing the work area and tools.

·
What Drives You?
9,405 Posts
Good on you. And this time you got a GT. :)

·
Basically Stock
5,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Next to the Jeep to the right is a 2004 A4 with a built motor, bigger brakes, bunch of interior mods, and a custom GT28R hybrid of sorts made by Blaast. It was my buddy's racecar until he got the RX-8 shown there, now it's my girlfriend's toy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts