Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dammit. Okay. I accidentally broke the red wire (for the aux cable) and bent the damn harness trying to get the pin out (you can see what I mean in the picture). :facepalm:
I was able to shave the coating and shove the wire back in there. Harness clicked and it's staying in there (though a bit wiggly). Can't find a replacement connector. Just gonna roll with it for now...

What to do if the damn wire falls out of the connector? Find some way to fix it? Maybe solder the wire to the stuck pin? I REALLY want to keep the stock set up and just have the added aux. It's really all I need.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this the OEM add on iPhone 30 pin adapter plug?
This here is one of the stock connectors. There are two that go into the stock 6 disc head unit. One is black one is white. I am just adding the 3 wire aux adapter. I have a 2006 with the Rock Fos system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Post a WTB in the forum - somebody might have one, or junk yard for replacement plug / harness. Splice, solder & shrink wrap! If wire is not tight in connector's socket; remove wire bend it over on itself and using screw motion reinsert. Patience, stick-to-ivevness and creative tools are required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts