Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried the following suggestions with many mechanics and have not been able to solve it.

• Changed Out all 4 O2 Sensors
  • Brand new Alternator
  • Changed the Entire Exhaust with Catalyst from Bank 1 (That made the P0421 go away, but everything else came after)

I still get the attached error codes and aditionally the car will Stall out on its own at stop lights every once in a while, also the "Traction Lost " and " Traction control OFF " Lights on the dashboard come "on" always after a few minutes of driving.

I changed at some point the HeadLights for LED Lights, after i did, the "High" and "Low Beams" are flipped as in the I have to see the blue "HighBeam" light on the dash for the "Cruise" Lights to be On.

Any thing I can do to sort this ?

Font Paper Document Paper product Wood

· Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
8,161 Posts
Tough to say from here. Complex electrical issues like this aren't commonly the same issue when you compare two cars acting funky.

You'll have to start tracing your wiring, seeing if previous owners have cut wiring and modified it wrongly, bad ground connections, checking computer outputs, checking if wrong relays are used... There's a lot.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tough to say from here. Complex electrical issues like this aren't commonly the same issue when you compare two cars acting funky.

You'll have to start tracing your wiring, seeing if previous owners have cut wiring and modified it wrongly, bad ground connections, checking computer outputs, checking if wrong relays are used... There's a lot.
I've owned the car since the dealership....the one "mod" I have done is to change the Halogen front headlights for LEDs... everything else is Stock....I've read that O2 sensor need to be of the same brand as the original, that different brands might create issues...any truth to that?

· Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
8,161 Posts
When you did your halogen to LED, you may have mixed up the headlight wiring. That would cause your highs and lows to be reversed. Else, if you stayed stock sockets, just wrong LEDs for it

O2 brand wise, you don't need any fancy low latency like a VAG car. These are very insensitive, not very picky

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you did your halogen to LED, you may have mixed up the headlight wiring. That would cause your highs and lows to be reversed. Else, if you stayed stock sockets, just wrong LEDs for it

O2 brand wise, you don't need any fancy low latency like a VAG car. These are very insensitive, not very picky

Yeah they are just stock sockets, my question is if that could have anything to do with the rest of the error Codes...

Some boards I've read online say ( with regards to O2 sensors) that I should stick to the OEM brand that came with the car Wich is "DENSO"...that any other brand is just different enough on the voltages that the computer will flag it he ce the error codes. The ones changed here to are BOSCh

· Registered
185 Posts
if you figure out the traction control lights please explain. Ive had the problem where ill drive for 30 minutes to an hour and out of no where both the tlc off and the car skidding light would illuminate.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Took it to one another repair shop. And still no luck, they kept the car for a week and gave it back to me exactly the same, they couldnt figure it out...I guess my next option is to take it to the Dealership Shop see if they can make any sense to this. Ill keep you posted

1 - 10 of 10 Posts