Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I have a 2008 se and the audio sounds like crap. Sub works and sounds great. How can I improve audio?
tap into door speaker wires and replace door speakers. what I did was get an aftermarket head unit, speaker amp, new sub amp, 4 new door speakers that scream and a 12" subwoofer that sits in my backseat. I have a spyder, the box wouldn't fit in the trunk. Gonna build a dope sub box soon and it'll be shaking the trunk like a mofo. Already makes the top wave like a flag.

Doing this will stop your stock subwoofer from working since everything is independent now from the head unit. But who cares when you got a 12" sub.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the Rockford Fosgate package as well and it sounds pretty good.

So, I would start with pulling the speaker covers and see if you have a blown/damaged speaker or anything else that looks funny.

Reactions: Fez24

·
Registered
46 Posts
So I have a 2008 se and the audio sounds like crap. Sub works and sounds great. How can I improve audio?
tap into door speaker wires and replace door speakers. what I did was get an aftermarket head unit, speaker amp, new sub amp, 4 new door speakers that scream and a 12" subwoofer that sits in my backseat. I have a spyder, the box wouldn't fit in the trunk. Gonna build a dope sub box soon and it'll be shaking the trunk like a mofo. Already makes the top wave like a flag.

Doing this will stop your stock subwoofer from working since everything is independent now from the head unit. But who cares when you got a 12" sub.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where is it located? I didn’t think I had an aux input I thought I had to install one myself
If you have a 2008 model, you would have to install the aux yourself. I know this because I have a 2008 lol. But it’s not hard at all, there’s a vid on YouTube showing how to do it.

What exactly does your audio sound like? Is it low quality sounding? Try listening to the regular radio and see if it sounds different from your Bluetooth. My buddy had a 2007 GT with the premium sound system. He would get a low hiss and one of his speakers was super low. We replaced his head unit and speaker and it was good as new.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have a 2008 model, you would have to install the aux yourself. I know this because I have a 2008 lol. But it’s not hard at all, there’s a vid on YouTube showing how to do it.

What exactly does your audio sound like? Is it low quality sounding? Try listening to the regular radio and see if it sounds different from your Bluetooth. My buddy had a 2007 GT with the premium sound system. He would get a low hiss and one of his speakers was super low. We replaced his head unit and speaker and it was good as new.
Yes that’s exactly the issue I’m having and I thought so about the aux cord I’m having my dad help me put in a cold air intake next week so I’ll ask him to help me with that too since I have absolutely 0 car knowledge 😂

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes that’s exactly the issue I’m having and I thought so about the aux cord I’m having my dad help me put in a cold air intake next week so I’ll ask him to help me with that too since I have absolutely 0 car knowledge 😂
I also want to get a tpms to connect to the new touch screen radio I’m gonna be putting in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts