Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the good news. I bought what seems to be a fancy 3D printer. I get it on Friday.

I'm looking to use it to expand the product availability through Speed Farm Garage.

I've got some plans, both big, and small, from aero parts to interior bits. I'm interested in some things people would be looking for as well. It's advertised as accurate to 0.1mm, so detailed stuff should be doable

Has anyone here got experience with one? I've been doing brain melting amounts of research. I have experience with 3D modelling, but not in relation to 3D printing

·
Registered
18 Posts
The first item that comes to mind is replacement door handles since outs brake so easily. Although sites like Amazon carry these for cheap, you can possibly do custom colors or designs.

·
Basically Stock
7,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The first item that comes to mind is replacement door handles since outs brake so easily. Although sites like Amazon carry these for cheap, you can possibly do custom colors or designs.
You can already get custom colours and designs made of aluminum, but I definitely see the appeal to plastic. I personally prefer it too.

EDIT: Made this pod design for the dash. It's not 100% done yet, but it's a thought

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Bicycle part Tread Rim

·
resident crossplatformer
1,485 Posts
almost every 4g I've been in has a busted, or in progress busted interior door handle, the last one I saw and nearly bought had a busted one on the driver's side

·
Basically Stock
7,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made an elephant (low res) and now my fiancee is happy.
Toy Wood Creative arts Fawn Art

It was the first 3d test model that wasn't solid. Came out alright aside from breaking the trunk releasing it from the support structure.

Road surface Asphalt Grey Font Automotive tire

Also made up a custom badge as a test

Today's main print will be this
Bicycle part Automotive tire Rim Font Synthetic rubber

I'm doing it still in low res (0.2mm layers vs 0.12mm) to just be sure that everything prints nicely.

It's a steering column gauge pod for a pair of 52mm (standard size) performance gauges. If all goes well, I'll start selling these through Speed Farm Garage. It should be a nice clean way to run your gauges, and wiring can tuck under the cluster. The openings in the back are designed to be large enough for AEM's huge data connector plugs to fit through

1 - 9 of 9 Posts